Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
5 yr old having night accidents

mom of cuties

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 3:52 am
My 5 year old has been fully trained since he’s 2. The past few days he has been waking up soaked through. I’m baffled and so confused where this is coming from he hasn’t had an accident in years and now its basically every night. Is this normal? And what can I do about it? I don’t want him to get used to pull ups. I am so grossed out and not handling this well. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

nchr

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 7:32 am
I'd say UTI but in a boy who has never had one previously, that would be extremely rare. It may be stress related (new school, etc.) and you need to handle it calmly and not be grossed out, because your child is probably nervous and needs to see calmness from you. Speak to your child's pediatrician if it continues.

Lita

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 8:21 am
May be strep throat.

mom of cuties

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 9:11 am
Thanks for your replies.
Don’t think it’s stress related cuz nothing new has happened now in his life and we had him tested for strep throat 2 weeks ago.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 9:13 am
mom of cuties wrote:
My 5 year old has been fully trained since he’s 2. The past few days he has been waking up soaked through. I’m baffled and so confused where this is coming from he hasn’t had an accident in years and now its basically every night. Is this normal? And what can I do about it? I don’t want him to get used to pull ups. I am so grossed out and not handling this well. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Check for strep throat. Strangely when dd had a night accident I knew right away to take her for a culture.
Sometimes the culture wouldn't show anything until I'd re-culture a week later.

rymy

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 9:16 am
Recommend medical eval for new-onset nighttime incontinence. Is there associated increased thirst? Constipation? Needs at least an exam and urine tested

Stars

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 12:02 pm
Might be Strep or uti but for sure take him to the ped.

mamsegula

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 3:05 pm
Lita wrote:
May be strep throat.

Is that a thing?

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 9:37 pm
Check for pinworms. My son who had been dry for years woke up at night with accidents and he had pinworms.

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 9:40 pm
My son would wet his bed when he had an ear infection
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training