Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Gorgeous low maintenance blonde wig - shidduchim

kermit

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 5:36 pm
Hi I'm a widow entering the parsha of shidduchim I need to look put together but I'm not a natural at it - I've always been a bit of a tomboy and I'm also a little heavyset so I really do need to look polished to be cute.

I'm just really not good at this.

I work on being on top of getting my sheitels washed and set, but every time it rains or snows....my biggest issue is the front part of the sheitel. once that gets ruined and the style is gone it's just really not cute looking. I tried getting a curling iron and fixing it myself I can't seem to figure it out

price is not so much an issue for me as is convenience and simplicity - something that will look really pretty for a long while after styled, something low fuss. like something that will be good for 6 weeks or so. maybe there's a place where they know how to cut so style isn't so reliant on being perfectly washed etc?

any ideas?

thanks

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 5:48 pm
Can you wear a headband fall, or a cute hat in the rain or snow?

Otherwise, I find that the expensive natural looking sheitels are very delicate. Get something mid-range (Miri, Irene, Sary, etc.) that is more durable so it looks nice always.

kermit

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 6:03 pm
Thank you. I have an irene it holds up pretty nicely but to look normal Id still have to wash it every 2.5 weeks or so - is that the usual?

Sometimes it's nice out in the morning and then when I leave to go pick my kid up end-of-day it's damp out. and wearing a sheitel with a hat isn't as cute looking, no?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 6:29 pm
What about a shorter polished bangs style for when you want to just go out and pick up the kids?
Also invest in a clear bubble shape umbrella that gives good coverage when it rains and don't let your wig get any droplets on it. Keep a compact umbrella in your purse for unexpected emergencies.

Rutabaga

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 7:02 pm
Can you get a curly or naturally wavy sheitel? When those get damp it actually enhances the look as long as you don't get drenched.

Another option is to get those "bubby" hair covers that you can stick in your pocket or purse and pull out in case of rain. Like this: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Tot.....D_BwE

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 7:05 pm
have two sheitels, one can be more for everyday
either way you can switch the two out and keep them styled well
and wear hooded coats! A lifesaver1 or sheitel saver Wink

hatzlocha!

meme6

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 7:20 pm
kermit wrote:
Thank you. I have an irene it holds up pretty nicely but to look normal Id still have to wash it every 2.5 weeks or so - is that the usual?

Sometimes it's nice out in the morning and then when I leave to go pick my kid up end-of-day it's damp out. and wearing a sheitel with a hat isn't as cute looking, no?

Sound way to often to wash a sheitel and reset it can be you need a new sheitel macher to set your wigs better. An easy wig has a lot to do with the cut.

rising hero

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 7:40 pm
A bob/lob cut with straight bangs is a very cute look and easy maintenance. If it gets a bit wet you can brush it in to place on the wig head and let it dry.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics