Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Health insurance marketplace vs refuah healthcare time sensi

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 4:15 pm
I'm looking for insurance for me and my husband. Can't afford to pay more than $600 for me and my husband. Bh we both are in great health. What insurance do you have what were your experiences? My husband was enrolled in Liberty Healthshare but they still haven't paid some of his claims.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 7:05 pm
Sorry I don’t have an answer for you. Just wondering, why didn’t liberty pay some of the claims? I’m on it now and wondering what will happen after I pay off my deductible....

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 7:25 pm
How old are you and your husband?

My husband and I both have an Oscar plan for people under age 29. We paid $160 per month in 2019 (there are more plans. the older your age, the more you pay per month) There’s a high deductible but you do get 3 free visits with your pcp, so if you’re in great shape and have no health issues it should work.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 7:26 pm
I forgot to mention, we bought it through an insurance broker, not through the marketplace. Is that an option for you?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 7:43 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:

My husband and I both have an Oscar plan for people under age 29. We paid $160 per month in 2019 (there are more plans. the older your age, the more you pay per month) There’s a high deductible but you do get 3 free visits with your pcp, so if you’re in great shape and have no health issues it should work.

We are both under 29 that definitely sounds more reasonable. I'm always nervous if chv either of us would require serious medical attention.

Amarante

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 7:52 pm
The advantage to buying through the marketplace is that you might qualify for a subsidy for premium as well.

Also plans bought through the marketplace would cap you. out of pocket costs so that if the worst happened it wouldn’t bankrupt you.

There have been some threads and some people familiar with the finances of the Refuah Health Share are concerned that the pool isn’t large enough to guarantee that there will be enough to fund people who pay in. Keep in mind that these health share organizations are not insurance and therefore they aren’t subject to important regulatory safeguards including hsving adequate financial reserves to pay off claims

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 7:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We are both under 29 that definitely sounds more reasonable. I'm always nervous if chv either of us would require serious medical attention.

Deductible and out of pocket max is $7,900. After deductible they cover 100% as long as you get care in network.

The plan is called Oscar simple secure

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 7:56 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:

We did this for my husband also. Next year the price is going up to close to $200 but it’s still cheaper than anything else. Downside is they don’t have so many in network drs to choose from.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics