Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
The Life-Transforming Diet

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 5:11 pm
Has anyone followed the Life-Transforming Diet by David Zulberg, based on the Rambam's principles?
What was it like for you? Did you really change your habits and mindset and see results?
Also, meal ideas would be much appreciated!

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 5:31 pm
Yes, my husband followed this. It worked very well for him at the time and he lost a nice amount of weight from it. (he did end up sort of falling off it......but when he was on it, it worked nicely!)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 6:16 pm
Good to know! Did you make special meals for him or did he kind of just eat whatever you made that worked with the plan? Did he gain back all the weight or did he just stop losing when he went off of it?

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 8:55 am
Breakfast, I prepared cut up fruit. Lunch, we'd both chime in to get the salad made and he'd handle the protein and then dinner, I would just try to accommodate his diet. I didn't find the dinners to be a big deal just asked him if he wanted protein or starch that night...and usually added some kind of salad/veggies (usually leftover salad from what prepared for lunch)
I think the hardest was prepping those huge salads but we made really good ones with tons of diff veggies and an oil based dressing. I enjoyed them too!
He didn't gain it all back right away, not even sure if he ever gained it fully back. It was the best diet he ever went on and I can see him going back on it someday.
If you do go on it, which I think is a great step, I would recommend really following the book and not trying to jump steps. A big part of the success is not doing it all at once. Also, it's very unique and what I think he loved was not being so limited. Good luck!!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 9:50 am
That's what is really motivating me to do it, that it's one small step at a time. I usually eat a fruit as part of breakfast and have a salad at lunch, so it's not too much of a change for me in that regard.
I'd love some yummy salad ideas if you have the time! I'm doing it with my husband and he'll need a huge hearty salad to get him through.

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 5:48 pm
Sorry for only responding now (have been really hectic and not on imamother recently Smile)
So our goal for the salad was to include as mnay different kinds of veggies as possible. For ex: green cabbage, purple cabbage, pepper, scallion, radish, cucumber, tomatoes, fresh green beans, (carrot and broccoli sometimes). Add any oil based dressing. Even just using oil, salt, and pepper is delicious. You can add some seeds to this salad too if you're planning to add the topping of seeds.
Good luck!
Did you start the diet?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 18 2019, 8:04 am
Thank you!
Yes, I am doing it with my husband and we're on week 2!

miami85

Post Wed, Dec 18 2019, 8:42 am
My husband loves this diet. I did it once with him and I did lose 5-10lbs in the month or so I was on it, but then I got pregnant and I found it very hard to maintain the diet. My husband is doing it at the moment, it helps that he works at home so he has access to real food and can exercise at home.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise