Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Where to give away old shoes lakewood nj

gr8 mom

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 3:41 pm
Where can I drop off old shoes kids/adults.. That are in decent condition... I guess what is not in decent condition will go in the garbage...

SuperWify

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 3:48 pm
They have a green bin for shoes drop off near 4 corners on county line. Just keep the lm together with a rubber-band.

I’m sure there are more drop off locations- perhaps someone can chime in.

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 8:57 pm
Another location - 9th & Clifton.

zaq

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 3:07 am
Please, please, only shoes in new or like new condition. Nothing with worn heels, ratty shoelaces, scuffs, deep wrinkles, the shape of a foot embedded in the insole, or clinging dirt. It’s humiliating enough to have to get shoes from a gmach, no need to further insult the recipients with shoes that already look, and are, old.

And please be considerate of the people who run the gmach, too. If shoes are old, dump them in the trash yourself. It’s no pleasure handling other people’s shoes, no need to force the volunteers to handle dirty, smelly things that they have to throw out. Some volunteers go the extra mile and clean off shoes that look good except for the dirt, but imho it is total wickedness to deposit such shoes in the bin. If you want to do a mitzvah, do it right and all the way. Clean the stuff first.

This has been a PSA from Gmach Volunteers of America.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics