Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Murphy's Oil Soap

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 5:54 pm
I need some help please. We had a new lady come clean today and she made everything so sticky. I would like to train her properly.
I can't figure out if she used too much or too little Murphy's Oil Soap to clean the hardwood. Instructions say pour 1/4 cup of Murphy's into 1 gallon of warm water. Do you use that much Murphy to water ratio?
I will also have to teach her to dry the floors with a clean cloth and not air dry because so sticky.
Our tile floors are also sticky. They weren't before. She used Mr. Clean.

Marigold

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 6:04 pm
I use Murphy for hardwood floors But I only pour very little ( I’d say 1/4-half capful)to a big bucket of water. For tiles (kitchen/bathroom) I use mr clean and also add about the same. Too much can definitely make for sticky floors, as can air drying. Always wash first with a wet rag followed immediately by a dry one. I have small hand towels I use to dry floors as it’s very absorbent.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 6:05 pm
Marigold wrote:
I use Murphy for hardwood floors But I only pour very little ( I’d say 1/4-half capful)to a big bucket of water. For tiles (kitchen/bathroom) I use mr clean and also add about the same. Too much can definitely make for sticky floors, as can air drying. Always wash first with a wet rag followed immediately by a dry one. I have small hand towels I use to dry floors as it’s very absorbent.

Thank you! I really appreciate the details.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry