Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Proper treatment of Cleaning Help
Previous  1  2

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 2:17 pm
Dont send to mrs x.
I have one neighbor who is always looking for cleaning help. Non of the good cleaners want to go to her. Once I wasnt gonna be home and the lady that comes to me monday asked me to find her another place and I sent her there. She was NOT happy. Never again. This cleaning lady is AMAZING. She has a sweet personality, doesn't get offended if you want something done differently. Shed quick and quiet and thorough. And RELIABLE. What can be better???
And she STILL complained!
And you know what, my cleaning lady didntike going there. So I never sent her there again.
One time my baby was crying when I went to the bus. She picked him up and played with him till I came back in. Shes helpful and a pleasure to have around.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 2:22 pm
If the cleaning lady were Jewish, it would probably be muttar to tell her l'toeles that Mrs. X is not the best person to work for, and leave the choice up to her. If she's not Jewish, I think the only choice is just not to get involved with her and Mrs. X.

chefmama

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 2:52 pm
Don't recommend this friend of yours. I would honestly forget the whole saga and absolutely not send anyone her way.

imamothertoo

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 7:19 pm
Personally I wouldn’t share a lady with someone who isn’t nice to help. But If you r a few ladies sharing the same lady I would send a group chat to all at the same time.
I would say that you are trying to finalize a complete schedule for the lady and being that it’s hard to find good help these days it’s important for everyone to make sure to treat her nicely or else you will all lose out. And then make pointers. Such as saying please and thank you. Offering drinks. Giving lunch she is by you lunchtime. Etc.

Fabulous

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 7:41 pm
gamanit wrote:
I just wanted to say that unfortunately cleaning help is too used to being treated poorly. I once got cleaning help from amazon services when they had a special. When the woman came to my house I asked her if she wants anything to eat or drink before she starts working. She told me that I was the first person to offer her that all day (and this was in the late afternoon). It's always important to remember to be a mentch and treat everyone with respect.

Yeah my cleaning lady couldn’t believe that I gave her the same expensive homemade muffin that I just made and gave to my kids

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 8:12 pm
chefmama wrote:
Don't recommend this friend of yours. I would honestly forget the whole saga and absolutely not send anyone her way.

Op said she needs her to fill up the schedule!

turca

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 9:15 pm
Ruchel wrote:
Follow laws, be a human, don't be a friend to an employee. BH my ladies love me because I'm never on their back, but I am not going to feed anyone or to befriend anyone.

In the USA, the workers from Latin America expect some sort of snack. It’s a common thing. In Mexico ( and in Brazil) whatever food we cook for ourselves , we always cook extra portions to feed the household help.
Where do your ladies come from , Ruchel?

amother
White

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 11:41 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
There's nothing wrong with being friendly.

Please note the difference between being FRIENDS & being FRIENDLY... You don't have to be friends with the delivery boy that brings your order but you can be friendly and greet him

imamothertoo

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 12:34 am
As for not feeding them, if u don’t want them to bring their own food into your house because it’s not kosher, u have to feed them. U can’t expect them to starve

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 1:25 am
amother [ White ] wrote:
Please note the difference between being FRIENDS & being FRIENDLY... You don't have to be friends with the delivery boy that brings your order but you can be friendly and greet him

Even if he is a delivery boy and not a delivery girl?!?
Who knew.

(Sarcasm alert)

chefmama

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 2:34 am
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Op said she needs her to fill up the schedule!

OP also asked WWYD? And I gave my opinion.

chefmama

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 3:03 am
Fabulous wrote:
Yeah my cleaning lady couldn’t believe that I gave her the same expensive homemade muffin that I just made and gave to my kids

Same here. I give whatever we have around cake, sandwich, pastries etc. Whatever I make/have on the days she comes, she has. Sometimes I am not home and usually do leave her something. She is the sweetest person and works so well! BH I have her.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 5:27 am
turca wrote:
In the USA, the workers from Latin America expect some sort of snack. It’s a common thing. In Mexico ( and in Brazil) whatever food we cook for ourselves , we always cook extra portions to feed the household help.
Where do your ladies come from , Ruchel?

You don't have to give in. You are the boss, you dictate, and if she doesn't want she says no. Ladies here are obviously not from america Wink

areal

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 10:31 am
amother [ White ] wrote:

Ha. Recently I was being what I thought was cordial to the OLDER Mexican sandwich-counter guy in a boro park store, when after 2 minutes he starts trying to flirt - "I think we know each other from somewhere no?".... Though I was thinking of alerting mgmt I think it's also hard for the stores to find capable replacements so I just plan for myself to definitely NOT go back there for a while! But it seems like these lowlives are just programmed that way & can't help themselves, another reinforcement why we're all taught not to get even slightest friendly with the male service ppl...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics