Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Lump on knee. Semi-update
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 11:23 pm
My daughter found this big soft lump on the front part of her knee. She doesn't remember hurting herself. It's very soft and plumpy but quite big. I'm panicking like crazy.

groisamomma

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 11:25 pm
Check for strep. That's one of the first places it travels to when it's been neglected.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 11:27 pm
groisamomma wrote:
Check for strep. That's one of the first places it travels to when it's been neglected.

I was planning on going to the Dr first thing tom morning. But untill then I'm too scared. I literally can't sleep.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 11:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My daughter found this big soft lump on the front part of her knee. She doesn't remember hurting herself. It's very soft and plumpy but quite big. I'm panicking like crazy.

Google bursitis. Does that fit the bill?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 11:30 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
Google bursitis. Does that fit the bill?

According to the pictures yes, but it doesn't hurt her whatsoever, and she doesn't remember hurting herself either. According to Google bursitis comes with some kind of pain

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 11:31 pm
As a kid, I got these palpable soft bumps on and off for years. They were usually on my wrist (another joint, similar to knee), and my mother took me to all sorts of doctors. Ended up being cysts. They didn’t require any treatment.

Editing to add: they did not hurt.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 11:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
According to the pictures yes, but it doesn't hurt her whatsoever, and she doesn't remember hurting herself either. According to Google bursitis comes with some kind of pain

Bursitis is often not painful. People only realize they have it because of the soft large bump.

But it's also possible that it's strep, as the other poster suggested. You should check it out just to make sure.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 11:33 pm
Bursitis is often not painful. People only realize they have it because of the soft large bump.

But it's also possible that it's strep, as the other poster suggested. You should check it out just to make sure.

I'm going to the Dr first thing tom morning. Lumps scare the h-- out of me.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 11:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm going to the Dr first thing tom morning. Lumps scare the h-- out of me.

That's good - but rest easy tonight. From what you describe, it sounds like a benign condition.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 11:37 pm
That's good - but rest easy tonight. From what you describe, it sounds like a benign condition.

Agree. And usually the scary type of lumps come along with other symptoms. Usually.

my mama

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 11:38 pm
Check if it's a ganglion cyst...

https://www.google.com/search?....._LglU

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 11:46 pm
my mama wrote:
Check if it's a ganglion cyst...

https://www.google.com/search?....._LglU

I dunno. I googled it. My sil had that on her wrist but she was in alot of pain.
Funny how she takes a shower almost every day and didn't notice it untill today. She took one last night and she didn't notice it.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 12:08 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I dunno. I googled it. My sil had that on her wrist but she was in alot of pain.
Funny how she takes a shower almost every day and didn't notice it untill today. She took one last night and she didn't notice it.

The fact that she didn’t notice it until now and it’s not tiny sounds more like a benign condition such as a cyst (such as a cyst that fills up fast with water)
that can appear suddenly. As far as I know the nasty type doesn’t just appear.

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 12:20 am
How about a lipoma? I was diagnosed with one on my thigh at age 38 which isn't exactly the "middle age" they say they are normally detected at. (My sister at age 15 got a benign growth on her forehead which should only have affected very young children or very old people, I forget which) so don't negate it because she's young.
I've had it for over 10 years. Never hurt at all.

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 12:23 am
I also had a ganglion cyst on my wrist years ago and it did hurt. (I remember calling my dr. stbx bro-in-law over on R"H nite cuz I was so freaked.) The lipoma also freaked me out. Luckily I got an appt with a dr the next day so the worry wasn't prolonged.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 12:31 am
Not trying to scare u but just something to keep in mind when going to the doctors: can it be Lyme disease. Could she have gotten a tick bite...

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 8:09 am
If it's soft, not painful, not red around, and not warm to the touch, it's probably nothing to worry about.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 8:56 am
could be Lyme's ms son had that I thought it was strep but turned out to be Lyme's

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 9:14 am
My sons first symptoms of Lyme Disease was pain and swelling in his knee to the point it hurt him to walk. It then spread to the other knee and hips but at that point we were already in the hospital.
If it’s painful and red , you need to rule out a septic joint.
Good Luck and let us know what happens.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 9:27 am
thunderstorm wrote:
My sons first symptoms of Lyme Disease was pain and swelling in his knee to the point it hurt him to walk. It then spread to the other knee and hips but at that point we were already in the hospital.
If it’s painful and red , you need to rule out a septic joint.
Good Luck and let us know what happens.

No pain, not tender, not discolored, regular skin color, just big plumpy lump.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics