Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
ATT: make up artists and junkies : )
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 2:32 pm
My husband wants my make up more professional looking And I would love to do that too!
I will watch tuturiols, but which are the best make up products by all you pros!!

primer?
eye primer?
eye concealer?
face powder?
highlighter?
mascara?

what else?

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 2:37 pm
It really depends what look you want.
In quality, I'd say my best purchases have been Wet N Wild Liquid Catsuit lipstick, certain shades but not others (some products are like that) of Wet N Wild Megalast Lip Color, Milani Bold Obsession eye palette, and Essence retractable eye pencil.

MiriFr

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 2:40 pm
I gotchu, girl!
What's your budget?
For drugstore:
PRIMER and FOUNDATION: Revlon photofocus
EYE PRIMER: Milani
EYELINER: if you like liquid, rimmel makes an awesome waterproof one
EYESHADOW: Maybelline in the nude palette
CONCEALER: the new covergirl one with the fat wand
FACE POWDER: Maybelline translucent setting powder
HIGHLIGHTER and BLUSH: wet n wild
MASCARA: L'Oreal lash paradise (fun fact- loreal is sister companies with lancome, and they use the same mascara formula!)
LIPSTICK: maybelline has a gorgeous shade range!

Watch Tati's makeup tutorials

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 2:50 pm
Tati's tutorials are worth watching despite her obnoxious tone, but her product reviews are too long and not more worthwhile than reading blogs.

hodeez

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 4:01 pm
You can make most any product work, as long as you have your technique down.

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 4:14 pm
hodeez wrote:
You can make most any product work, as long as you have your technique down.

True, but there are great products available for decent prices.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 4:30 pm
Are you the same poster whose husband wants her to start wearing eye makeup?

Am I the only one who finds both requests strange?

Amarante

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 5:48 pm
I like Wayne Goss’s tutorials because he is very honest and direct and his makeup looks are wearable. Many of the YouTube tutorials strive for a very made up look versus a natural look.

If you are a complete novice, booking a hands on makeup class is worthwhile. MAC stores are fairly inexpensive.

In terms of the products to use, it depends on your complexion as to what works best.

You need to clean your face of course and then whether you wear makeup or not, serum and face moisturizer. And then under eye cream. There are different ingredients which you need at different stages. Are you getting adult acne or do you worry about lines. Or both 😂

Primer really helps your face makeup and there are what are called Bb creams that aren’t as heavy as foundation but give a nice finished look. With face primers again, what is your concern. Do you have oily skin so you want a product that keeps your face from looking greasy or do you have lines so you want a primer that blurs so that your lines are less apparent and your pores look smaller.

Eye primer is different and helps keep eyeshadow on longer without creasing and also helps neutralize if you have discolored lids.

What kind of under eye circles do you have because that will make a difference in terms of the kind of concealer. I have a fair complexion with moderately dark under eyes and I swear by a product by Becca which is a peach toned brightening cream because it neutralizes the blueish tones under my eyes.

I treat myself to some beauty box subscriptions because it enables me to try out different stuff at bargain prices. I get a mix of makeup and skin care products in the boxes with a smattering of hair care products. It’s lots of fun and when I don’t want or doesn’t work for me goes to my female family and friends so it’s win win for me as I love being able to surprise them and between all of us everything gets used. I sibscrib3 to Ipsy ajd Boxycharm but there are others including one by Sephora.

Last edited by Amarante on Tue, Dec 10 2019, 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 8:51 pm
I am 100% faithful to ColourPop. Netflix recently did a documentary called "Broken", and they featured the dangers of counterfeit and poisoned cosmetics.

They held up ColourPop as a perfect example of made in the US, ethical, vegan, cruelty free, low priced products, and they pay their workers a living wage.

All of the colors are absolutely stunning, and you can pick and choose your own palette, or buy a premade themed collection. Most products range between 5 and 10 dollars, and free shipping! Most orders arrive within a week, even to Israel.

There are tons of tutorials for ColourPop on YouTube.

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 9:02 pm
Book a full face makeup with Sephora. You only have to commit to purchasing $50 for the session and it’s really great. They walk you through all the different products find the rights colors for you and explain the techniques they’re using. Spend the money on things that are hard to color match yourself like face powder/foundation/BB cream, blush and bronzer/contour. Everything else you can pick up anywhere like target for cheap elf brushes.

Things I find worthwhile to spend money on:

Eyelid primer (wet n wild, cheap but hard to find)
Mascara primer (Lancôme)
Eye brow gel/pommade

And my current favorite products are:

Tarte mascara-lights camera lashes
NARS blush - org*sm
Laura mercier BB cream, face powder and setting powder
Benefit gimme brow -brow gel

I subscribe to the monthly Sephora box and the allure beauty box. It’s a fun way to try out lots of new face and beauty products without spending a lot.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 12:23 am
Below are some of my favs.
Primer-Neutrogena, Mark Jacob's coconut milk
Eye shadow primer- Urban decay
Concealer- Tarte shape tape, Urban decay naked
Setting powder- Kat von d
Highlight- Morphe, Becca
Mascara- Arbonne (not waterproof)

Ruchel

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 5:36 am
Even pros don't always use all those. It depends what look YOU want, emphasis on you.

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 6:04 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I am 100% faithful to ColourPop. Netflix recently did a documentary called "Broken", and they featured the dangers of counterfeit and poisoned cosmetics.

They held up ColourPop as a perfect example of made in the US, ethical, vegan, cruelty free, low priced products, and they pay their workers a living wage.

All of the colors are absolutely stunning, and you can pick and choose your own palette, or buy a premade themed collection. Most products range between 5 and 10 dollars, and free shipping! Most orders arrive within a week, even to Israel.

There are tons of tutorials for ColourPop on YouTube.

OMG my friend just called me up and asked if I had written this. Laugh
Everyone has bad products. I am behind CP also 100 percent except for:

- Cream Gel Eyeliner pencils
- Their liquid foundation
- Their liquid lipsticks go bad after 6-12 months.

Their eyeshadow palettes are the TOP.
I've been wanting to watch "Broken" I heard about it from Marlena but I don't have an account.

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 6:15 am
foundation: Don't use
primer? Don't use
eye primer? Don't use
eye concealer? Don't use
face powder? Besame Cosmetics, Kiko Milano, Rimmel
highlighter? Colourpop super shock, Ofra, Jeffree Star Cosmetics (JSC)
mascara? Tarte, Loreal, Maybeline (who INVENTED mascara), Colourpop, Kiko Milano
blush? Tarte Amazonian Clay, Nabla, Colourpop Pressed Powder
bronzer? Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer, Too Faced Chocolate, Colourpop,
contour? NYX blush in Taupe, Nabla
eyeshadow? Colourpop, JSC, LimeCrime, Too Faced, Nabla
eyeliner? NYX brush tip liners stay on ALL shabbos
gloss? Colourpop , Dose of Colors, Kylie Cosmetics, EM Cosmetics, Fenty Beauty
liquid lipstick? LiveGlam KissMe (my FAVORITE and they are 7-10 dollars!! Stay on forever, trasnfer proof, thin, not drying, and smell like vanilla!) Maybeline, Loreal, Ofra, JSC,
lip tints/special formulas: Colourpop lip tints + Colourpop's Ultra Blotted Lips which are similar to Lime Crimes Plushies - it's an every day soft your lips but better look.

Don't get me started on makeup. I don't shut up.
Anon because I'm a vocal makeup lover and I WILL be recognized.

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 7:07 am
Ruchel wrote:
Even pros don't always use all those. It depends what look YOU want, emphasis on you.

I'm a pro, and I use all these plus more (higher end products, obvi).
I don't wear it evey day, but I absolutely use it on clients

Ruchel

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 7:24 am
So you don't always use those

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 7:25 am
Ruchel wrote:
So you don't always use those

Always on clients Smile
They gotta look good for the pix!

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 8:58 am
Start light and work your way up if you want more. A lot of beginners do the full mask, which doesn't look good on most women even when applied skillfully.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 11:02 am
OMG, thank you so so so much for all these responses!!
I have lots of homework to do!!

I like higher end products, though I would do regular brands if they are really worth it.

I am in my mid 30's. Have overall good skin bH, some oily spots and some dry spots.

I go for the natural look.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 11:03 am
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
Are you the same poster whose husband wants her to start wearing eye makeup?

Am I the only one who finds both requests strange?

No Very Happy
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics