Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
3yo not sleeping for 1.5 weeks

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 7:52 am
I took them to the doctor twice. They said to give benadryl. I gave at 1 am and he seemed a bit sedated but otherwise acting himself and perky and definitely did not fall asleep I lay down next to him in bed for hours and he was just moving from side to side and talking to himself and if I try to leave he would follow me and wake up his siblings.

Any ideas. He sleeps 2 hours from 7-9 pm and 5-7 am

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 7:56 am
Is he getting enough activity during the day to wear him out?

Talk to your doctor about melatonin. Start on the lowest possible dose that is effective.

DD was just like this, and once I got her on melatonin she was a different kid. She was much happier during the day, and went to bed very nicely without a fight.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 8:06 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Is he getting enough activity during the day to wear him out?

Talk to your doctor about melatonin. Start on the lowest possible dose that is effective.

DD was just like this, and once I got her on melatonin she was a different kid. She was much happier during the day, and went to bed very nicely without a fight.

He has been on melatonin. He has a long medical history but was doing better. The melatonin stopped working a few months ago and he was sleeping without it. I gave double his usual dose and it did nothing

Lots activity.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 8:13 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
He has been on melatonin. He has a long medical history but was doing better. The melatonin stopped working a few months ago and he was sleeping without it. I gave double his usual dose and it did nothing

Lots activity.

That should have been included in your first post.

Care to give more details?

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 8:23 am
Some top rated safety bed tents here: https://safesleepsystems.com/t.....kids/

It's a play fort during the day, and a secure sleeping space when you close all the zippers. If he's happy to sit in there with his stuffed animals, talking to himself, this might be the best solution.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 8:33 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Some top rated safety bed tents here: https://safesleepsystems.com/t.....kids/

It's a play fort during the day, and a secure sleeping space when you close all the zippers. If he's happy to sit in there with his stuffed animals, talking to himself, this might be the best solution.

He unzip from inside. And did dangerous things if left alone.

None of medical history relevant now and doctor says not related this is new

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 8:53 am
The safety ones should not be able to be unzipped from the inside. Maybe you need a different model that is designed better.

There's should be a way to secure the zipper on the outside in a place where he can't reach it. The only way he would get out would be if he ripped a big hole in the screen. Do you think he would do that?

This one is probably pretty expensive, but it also looks Houdini-proof.
https://www.abramsnation.com/t.....eper/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics