Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Chanukah gift for kids, ideas?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 12:18 pm
We usually give a gift to each kid individually, less than $25, usually something they've been asking for or can use. This year bh, only one kid specifically had been asking for something. But I can't just get for one and not the others. I also don't like tons of extra toys and stuff hanging around the house.
Any good ideas for a 3 yo boy, 5 yo girl, 7 yo girl and 11 yo boy? I know kids have different personalities, but can you start me off please? :-)

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 12:52 pm
I got my kids an mp3 player and loaded it up with music. Was like 20 or 25 dollars on Amazon

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 1:00 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
I got my kids an mp3 player and loaded it up with music. Was like 20 or 25 dollars on Amazon

Thanks, the only one who'd appreciate it, I got it for his afikomen/bday gift- and still haven't completely filled it up with music Confused

Besides the youngest, my kids each have a Kindle (used sparingly).

The girls like dolls etc but we have enough bh. My 3 yo loves cars/police/trucks etc and building, but bh we have enough if that too.

I'm thinking to just make it a big family gift, which we've done as well, but I already got my DD the gift she wanted... And her bday is not till the fall!

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 1:06 pm
Playmobil or LEGO sets
Bop it type of game

nosher

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 1:07 pm
Doll accessories
Kitchen-type toys

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 1:13 pm
think fun games like rush hour, two person board games to play together, athletic equipment like roller blades?

sweet

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 1:13 pm
Naki radio!
Its pricy though. 199$

groovy1224

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 1:19 pm
we're getting our kids an air hockey table as a combined present. Not an actual table, it's like the table without legs so it can go on a coffee table or on the floor.

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 1:21 pm
sweet wrote:
Naki radio!
Its pricy though. 199$

Or $99 for the smaller model, which most people seem to say is great.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 9:02 pm
Watch
Art set (girls)
Walkie talkies
Tool set (real for 11 yo or toy for 3 yo)
Bracelet or necklace
Board games - can list ideas if u want
Scooter
Spirograph
Dollhouse accessories if u have dollhouse
Magnadoodle

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 9:30 pm
Thanks for the ideas!

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 8:06 am
I just bought my 6 year old son an adorable carry on suitcase for his bday. He was over the moon with excitement! Feels like a million dollars.

meme6

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 8:59 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We usually give a gift to each kid individually, less than $25, usually something they've been asking for or can use. This year bh, only one kid specifically had been asking for something. But I can't just get for one and not the others. I also don't like tons of extra toys and stuff hanging around the house.
Any good ideas for a 3 yo boy, 5 yo girl, 7 yo girl and 11 yo boy? I know kids have different personalities, but can you start me off please? :-)

You can do a singing mike for 3 year old. The 5 year old will appreciate anything doll house or to play house with like the fake high heel shoes plus a purse. 7 year old girl would appreciate a white board to draw and play with. The 11 year old I would buy him great headphones for MP3 or fill the MP3 with more music. You can also buy him a watch a small handheld game.

Tzippy323

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 4:37 pm
If you are near an amazing savings you can get an arts and crafts project to do each night. Most of them come in packs for of 3 or 4. One night you can bake Chanukah cookies and do decorating. A really nice family present is to send away a picture that can be made into a family puzzle. If you do this, the presents can be smaller but will be very exciting.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 6:06 pm
Thanks for so many ideas! I'll probably be going with the knock-off doodle board for either just the two girls or also the 3 yo too. Or I'll get the 3 yo a random truck, which we really do NOT need another, but I know he'd like it. For the 11 yo boy I'll either do the headphones or the watch.
Thanks again!

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 6:22 pm
We buy each child an appropriate Jewish book for Chanuka.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics