Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Need suggestion: boys sleepaway camp
Previous  1  2

ruchelbuckle

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 5:08 pm
Another PApaya- glad you found clarity on the camp. I just want to add my 2 cents that is relevant to any camp: when checking out a camp, it’s really important to ask recent parents/campers, as the experience from one summer to the next can be a very drastic change, depending on staff, campers, etc... a camp isn’t like an elementary school where once you sign up for Pre1a, unless there is major upheaval, most people are staying out until 8th grade...
My sons experience in Achim in 2017 was totally different from his experience in 2019– while obviously his experience is not a scientific study, after having been in the camp parsha for 5+ years with my different sons— I’ve seen how important it is to speak to recent parents. Also, make sure you “quantify” responses. For example, if someone says “the staff is really great with the boys” or “it’s really well run”— ask then for specific examples about what that means.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children