Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Perfect life. Yet another spin off
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 4:09 pm
GreenEyes26 wrote:
I don’t know if any of you belong to the FrumGirlProblems group on Facebook, but they had a series the last couple weeks called “#personbehindthepost” where women shared their stories. It was so, so eye opening and really reminded me that EVERYONE has struggles. It’s useless to compare who has it worse, but everyone has something. Some of these women, they were gorgeous and looked so perfect, and their stories were heartbreaking.

Everyone has a story, but their story doesn’t have to be a tragedy for yours to be a success.

So a few hundred out of a group of 15,000 post their problems and you concluded that EVERYONE has problems?

I don't see your logic.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 4:20 pm
C'v, all people will one day have something they see as a prob

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 5:00 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
I dont think everyone's pain is equal or "active" at the same time. We all have ups and downs. Some downs are objectively worse than others, but the subjective pain someone feels doesnt necessarily correapond to that.

However, there is no person on earth that makes it through life without suffering.

It doesn't not do you any favors tonthinknyiu are "special" in your pain. It isolates you and compounds it. It keeps you stuck in it because you make your suffering part of your identity. It keeps you a victim instead of an empowered, growing person living in your power.

Pain is real. It needs to be felt and expressed and processed. And you need to understand that just cuz someone didn't have your specific issue does not mean that the base emotions (anger, sadness, guilt, grief etc) are not universal.

I don't disagree with you. I'm just unclear about who you are addressing.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 5:11 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
I don't disagree with you. I'm just unclear about who you are addressing.

I am addressing the OP and every other person out there that is suffering and thinks other people have it better.

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 5:35 pm
I agree with you about not getting stuck. I disagree with the second point. Some people do have worse suffering. There are degrees of suffering and bad situations. And I hate platitudes of people "choosing" to suffer.
I agree very much with Viktor Frankl's theory of a person being able to find meaning in their suffering and therefore to overcome it but that's the person's mission to accomplish and nobody else's to tell him that.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics