Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Book recommendations for DD9

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 5:37 pm
I want to get her a Jewish book for Chanukah. She is a voracious reader, and has read through all of Harry Potter. Please recommend some titles I could choose from Eichlers etc. Preferably something on the newer side so that there’s a greater chance she hasn’t read it yet!

Thank you Smile

asweet

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 5:50 pm
My DD reads a lot her favorites:
Madam Chamberlain
Achdus clubs ( a few books)
Anything by faygie Holtz
Mister lister ,( boys but she says its very funny?
Pj pepperjay

My kids go to the library weekly so if I want to buy a book I Buy the latest only.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 6:53 pm
asweet wrote:
My DD reads a lot her favorites:
Madam Chamberlain
Achdus clubs ( a few books)
Anything by faygie Holtz
Mister lister ,( boys but she says its very funny?
Pj pepperjay

My kids go to the library weekly so if I want to buy a book I Buy the latest only.

These are great books but below her level.
I'm thinking, there are many great Jewish books but I think not for a 9 year old. What about getting her something not a novel, like Picture This by Esther Tcholkosky (I think) or Cooking With Chef Shiri by Efraim Harari?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 7:33 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
These are great books but below her level.
I'm thinking, there are many great Jewish books but I think not for a 9 year old. What about getting her something not a novel, like Picture This by Esther Tcholkosky (I think) or Cooking With Chef Shiri by Efraim Harari?

Thanks both of you for the suggestions. Picture This looks good. Do you know if it contains pictures of women/girls in it? It will be more interesting to my daughter if it does.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 9:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks both of you for the suggestions. Picture This looks good. Do you know if it contains pictures of women/girls in it? It will be more interesting to my daughter if it does.

Sorry, offhand I don't know and I don't have ready access to the book. You could start a new thread and ask.

Librarian

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 9:15 pm
Has she read All for the Boss? It's certainly not new but should be fascinating for a 9 year old.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room