Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Vaccines: a future blight in our history
  1  2  3  18  19  20  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 4:52 pm
I fully believe that anti vaxxers will be on the right side of history. Same way that breast has won over formula (in terms of Dr telling women NOT to breastfeed bc formula was healthier) and wheat is slowly being recognized as an evil in this country.

One day, there will be enough acceptable evidence for everyone to admit that vaccines aren't harmless.

The question is - in how many years and at the expense of how many of the young generation??

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 4:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I fully believe that anti vaxxers will be on the right side of history. Same way that breast has won over formula (in terms of Dr telling women NOT to breastfeed bc formula was healthier) and wheat is slowly being recognized as an evil in this country.

One day, there will be enough acceptable evidence for everyone to admit that vaccines aren't harmless.

The question is - in how many years and at the expense of how many of the young generation??
Amen! I'm with you all the way. Antibiotics are also a good example. For years natural types were crying about them being handed out like candy. Now antibiotic resistant superbugs are a very real threat and the world is slowly waking up to the reality of what antibiotics do to the microbiome.

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 5:02 pm
Wheat isn't "evil". It's been around since ancient history. Eating too much wheat is a problem, but the issue is the excess, not the wheat. Don't go bashing the five species.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 5:07 pm
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
Wheat isn't "evil". It's been around since ancient history. Eating too much wheat is a problem, but the issue is the excess, not the wheat. Don't go bashing the five species.
The wheat we eat today is a very far cry from ancient wheat

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 5:11 pm
amother [ Teal ] wrote:

No, the issue is not the excess, the issue is actually the wheat. The wheat we’re eating today is VERY different from the more ancient wheat... it is much harder to digest now because the gluten content of this more modern version of wheat is much higher. We are also not preparing the wheat appropriately anymore. In the past, the wheat was fermented or sprouted before eaten, because this process breaks down the wheat to be digestible to humans.

As if this all weren’t enough, the other problem with wheat today (unless it is organic) is that it is sprayed HEAVILY with the dangerous pesticide glyphosate (“round-up” - which has been in the news for causing cancer). It is sprayed on wheat not for the typical pesticide effects, but actually it’s purpose is to effectively kill (dry out, dessicate) the wheat plant before harvest so that it can be harvested more quickly.

Wheat causes many problems in this generation. But you can try to avoid them by using the more ancient strains of wheat (spelt, einkorn), and by using grains that were prepared correctly (sprouted, or fermented via sourdough).

southernbubby

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 5:18 pm
I don't think that they will be phased out entirely but may be used during outbreaks or post exposure.
I think that diphtheria will be viewed like dengue or malaria, something that we need protection from if we visit a place where the illness is prevalent.
I think that vaccines played a major role in eliminating smallpox and we no longer need the vaccine. This might some day be true of other VPDs.
I think that if anti-vaxers want change, they need to change their tactics. Rather than galvanizing supporters, they have alienated the public. Most of us don't want to take any medicine that is not in our own best interest but people no longer view vaccines like they view antibiotics (something whose use we might question). They feel like if they don't defend them then they are part of a cult of selfish people.
Now I really wish that vaccine protocol could be tailored to individual risk assessment. Some people are at higher risk for catching certain diseases than other people are.
So, no, I don't see them eliminated but I do agree that the protocol will change.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 5:29 pm
Hopefully this thread will be deleted soon. I went to report it and discovered that someone else had already done so. Take your propaganda elsewhere.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 5:43 pm
More and more information is coming out with doctors, scientists and tons of parents advocating for transparency and sharing their experience. The lack of science is startling.
Pushing mandates through politicians and mainstream media trying to control the narrative is unbelievably corrupt.

gold21

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 5:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I know it's not trendy to hate on rice, but did you know that rice has concerningly high levels of arsenic? Is rice being recognized as evil in our country, or is that not part of the mantra? Just wondered. Because if we are gonna start nitpicking foods, don't stop at wheat.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 5:54 pm
gold21 wrote:
I know it's not trendy to hate on rice, but did you know that rice has concerningly high levels of arsenic? Is rice being recognized as evil in our country, or is that not part of the mantra? Just wondered. Because if we are gonna start nitpicking foods, don't stop at wheat.
The ultra crunchy community is plenty wary of rice. There is only one brand grown in the US that tests their crops for arsenic levels and that is considered an acceptable brand. The thing with wheat is that it induces immune reactions, whereas arsenic in rice is *just* a detox issue. It is easier to support detox than to undo immune reactions. Obviously avoiding both is even better. Most forms of ancestral and autoimmunity and gut healing diets avoid all grains.

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 5:56 pm
gold21 wrote:

We dont eat wheat and eat very limited rice actually.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 5:58 pm
looking forward to some future state where diseases are no longer shameful. What we put smallpox through - terrible.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 6:02 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
Hopefully this thread will be deleted soon. I went to report it and discovered that someone else had already done so. Take your propaganda elsewhere.

Honestly, I don't care whether vaccines are taken off the market or not. It should be a choice, if you want them use them. But I am desperately waiting for the day when opposing vaccination, or at least mandatory vaccination, becomes an accepted norm. And people with attitudes like yours will feel shame and guilt for being so blind and haughty.

The fact that you want this thread to disappear instead of it being an interesting, albeit polarizing, discussion shows more about your lack of knowledge and understanding of this issue than your true belief in the virtues of vaccines. If you really believe it is all it is touted to be, why are you scared to let this be an informative back and forth discussion? This is precisely what our government agencies are doing. Don't address the concerns of the people, just shut them down with threats, shaming and bullying.

exaustedmom

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 6:07 pm
I look forward to the day when no child has to die from a preventable disease. There are many people in third world nations that would gladly grab what you have the luxury of shunning.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 6:10 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
More and more information is coming out with doctors, scientists and tons of parents advocating for transparency and sharing their experience. The lack of science is startling.
Pushing mandates through politicians and mainstream media trying to control the narrative is unbelievably corrupt.

The same politicians probably also heard from people who caught measles from their inconsiderate neighbors.
Some of what was going on with social media wasn't about sharing experiences either. There were blatant distortions and attempts to peddle worthless alternative products. Many of the converts were not people who were being harmed by vaccines.
Also, I don't see mainstream society ditching wheat or rice anytime in the near future. The attempt to make gluten free substitutes hasn't overtaken the use of flour but sourdough is becoming really popular. I don't think many people view wheat as "evil" but if it is really the cause of all of our problems then at least our health isn't being entirely ruined by vaccines.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 6:13 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
Most forms of ancestral and autoimmunity and gut healing diets avoid all grains.

Do you recommend it for preventive reasons? Because how do you make hamotzi?

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 6:13 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
looking forward to some future state where diseases are no longer shameful. What we put smallpox through - terrible.

Can you elaborate?

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 6:15 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Do you recommend it for preventive reasons? Because how do you make hamotzi?
ask your lor. If you're not actively trying to heal something it's probably ok to have a kzayis of gluten free oat bread on shabbos without wrecking the whole thing. along with plenty of digestive enzymes, especially dpp iv to help break down the proteins on the grains. for people that are healing, they can probably get a heter.

sweetdimples

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 6:16 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Can you elaborate?

I think her statement was meant tongue in cheek

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 6:26 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Can you elaborate?

It was a weak attempt at satire.

Smallpox was eradicated through vaccine use.

Its been said that measles could also be eradicated through vaccine use.
Page 1 of 20   1  2  3  18  19  20  Next Recent Topics