Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
On NEWS: ring of child S.X ABUSE in Jlm
Previous  1  2  3  Next

sub

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 7:17 pm
Thanx. Im watching it now

tachles

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 9:04 pm
Was it evidence based?

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 4:05 am
tachles wrote:
Was it evidence based?
It sure seemed so. Parents spoke out about what their children said. There were therapy sessions, of the children, that were shown, telling what was done (all faces and voices were blurred and changed).
I think it is all, very sadly, extremely credible Sad

ALthough the police man at the end of the whole program seems to not believe the whole thing at all. Strange.
So so sad.

etky

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 6:15 am
Was wondering how long it would take for the topic to resurface here now that it's gotten national prime-time coverage.
Honestly, back then I didn't know what to believe and thus stayed out of all the threads. I saw the promo for the documentary that was shown last week (which I did not see) and read some more in the written media.
I agree with Shabbat. I think it could have happened.
I also think that it's possible that the police are not on the ball for whatever reason or that there are other vested interests covering it up.

flmommy

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 6:19 am
Did the abuse end from this particular ring?

tachles

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 8:00 am
Oh no, I don’t know if I can watch that.
How many evil people are out there? How could they gain access from the bus , the bus drivers knew about this? Who was involved ? The parents didn’t realize their kids aren’t coming home on time?
How did the kids disappear long enough to be abused without the parents or school immediately noticing ??????
Maybe it was towards school? Unfortunately most schools do not implement the policy of calling up parents as soon as a child is absent in the morning. Instead they only take accountability one a child enters their building, leaving time where a parents assume they’re in school and teachers assume they’re at home.
Every single school needs to have the policy of calling up parents of absent kids. Hire someone extra it’s absolutely necessary!!!

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 8:48 am
tachles wrote:
Oh no, I don’t know if I can watch that.
How many evil people are out there? How could they gain access from the bus , the bus drivers knew about this? Who was involved ? The parents didn’t realize their kids aren’t coming home on time?
How did the kids disappear long enough to be abused without the parents or school immediately noticing ??????
Maybe it was towards school? Unfortunately most schools do not implement the policy of calling up parents as soon as a child is absent in the morning. Instead they only take accountability one a child enters their building, leaving time where a parents assume they’re in school and teachers assume they’re at home.
Every single school needs to have the policy of calling up parents of absent kids. Hire someone extra it’s absolutely necessary!!!

1. How many evil people are out there? Waaaaay too many. And way more than we realize.
2. About the buses, it seemed like the pedophiles were the bus drivers and people they knew.
3. It wasnt just kids not coming home on time. Kids were being taken out of classes/ganim in the middle of the day or being brought, by the hasaot, to school late.
Its so messed up and so very sad for these families and children.

Laiya

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 9:07 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
It sure seemed so. Parents spoke out about what their children said. There were therapy sessions, of the children, that were shown, telling what was done (all faces and voices were blurred and changed).
I think it is all, very sadly, extremely credible Sad

ALthough the police man at the end of the whole program seems to not believe the whole thing at all. Strange.
So so sad.

Was there any other independent evidence that it happened, aside from what the children said?

tachles

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 11:14 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
1. How many evil people are out there? Waaaaay too many. And way more than we realize.
2. About the buses, it seemed like the pedophiles were the bus drivers and people they knew.
3. It wasnt just kids not coming home on time. Kids were being taken out of classes/ganim in the middle of the day or being brought, by the hasaot, to school late.
Its so messed up and so very sad for these families and children.

Taken out in the middle of the day?
So morahs and rebbes were in on it too???? That’s so hard to believe

luvinlife

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 2:19 pm
I'm glad it's finally coming out to the public. The thread from a few years ago was full of pain from mother's of victims and imamothers were just denying it and arguing and just causing so much more pain. Maybe some of you will actually learn something from this and be careful with your words in the future and not act like know it alls. Mother's came for support and instead came out even more broken. Think about it.

Buzby

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 2:38 pm
This is so sad and terrible. I have a friend in Israel who has been treating these kids and has been doing so for years now. She came to raise money and awareness in the small town I come from. No one believed her story. Even I had a hard time understanding. I just couldn't piece the whole thing together. But I know it's true, there's more than just pedophilia there's big money involved, people have been murdered as well. I still can't understand it. But I can verify that it's true I trust this friend implicitly, I grew up with her and she's been in trauma from what's been happening and also in fear. Anyone who's known what's been going on inside has been in danger. Somewhere there's been big cover up about this story. But honestly I still just can't understand it. I'm just so happy it's coming out in the open finally... Its been years..... What can we do from far? Beseech hakodosh baruch hu, daven with all our souls that this horrific thing ends and these children are healed.

tachles

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 7:22 pm
Buzby wrote:
This is so sad and terrible. I have a friend in Israel who has been treating these kids and has been doing so for years now. She came to raise money and awareness in the small town I come from. No one believed her story. Even I had a hard time understanding. I just couldn't piece the whole thing together. But I know it's true, there's more than just pedophilia there's big money involved, people have been murdered as well. I still can't understand it. But I can verify that it's true I trust this friend implicitly, I grew up with her and she's been in trauma from what's been happening and also in fear. Anyone who's known what's been going on inside has been in danger. Somewhere there's been big cover up about this story. But honestly I still just can't understand it. I'm just so happy it's coming out in the open finally... Its been years..... What can we do from far? Beseech hakodosh baruch hu, daven with all our souls that this horrific thing ends and these children are healed.

Can you please post her name and contact number ? I would really like to talk to her

Ravenclaw

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 7:27 pm
Laiya wrote:
Was there any other independent evidence that it happened, aside from what the children said?

Do you need any? A firsthand victim and eyewitness is over enough.

Laiya

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 8:41 pm
Ravenclaw wrote:
Do you need any? A firsthand victim and eyewitness is over enough.

For a single case of a child reporting abuse, yes, of course the child's word is enough.

But for claims of a satanic ritual abuse ring, it's murky. The famous sra cases from the '80's were shown to be false, and the result of therapists and investigators who did not understand the extent of suggestibility of their questioning techniques, creation false memories, etc.

tachles

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 10:59 pm
Laiya wrote:
For a single case of a child reporting abuse, yes, of course the child's word is enough.

But for claims of a satanic ritual abuse ring, it's murky. The famous sra cases from the '80's were shown to be false, and the result of therapists and investigators who did not understand the extent of suggestibility of their questioning techniques, creation false memories, etc.

There has to be better training for therapists to know to correct way to approach victims of abuse so they get the right info and do not add to it.

groisamomma

Post Thu, Dec 12 2019, 12:26 am
luvinlife wrote:
I'm glad it's finally coming out to the public. The thread from a few years ago was full of pain from mother's of victims and imamothers were just denying it and arguing and just causing so much more pain. Maybe some of you will actually learn something from this and be careful with your words in the future and not act like know it alls. Mother's came for support and instead came out even more broken. Think about it.

One poster ended up moving out of Israel because her son couldn't function and needed more help to heal. I don't know which was worse, the abuse itself, finding out your child was abused, or posting about it here and being further victimized?

champion

Post Thu, Dec 12 2019, 1:51 am
Buzby wrote:

Is this friend a real licensed therapist?

blessedjmom

Post Thu, Dec 12 2019, 6:49 am
Is this still going on, or did this just resurface from a few years ago?

So so painful. Completely Incomprehensible.
Sad

tachles

Post Thu, Dec 12 2019, 7:49 am
Seems to be it’s still going on because they have not arrested any one in connection with it.

penguin

Post Thu, Dec 12 2019, 11:42 pm
There's supposed to be a follow up on Makor, if anyone can access it please let us know. (I suspect we can't play the actual whole airing in Chutz La'aretz. I know I tried to open it & couldn't, someone emailed me a clip.)
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics