Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Twins& weight loss

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 3:27 am
Hi fellow moms:) I BH have adorable twin babies that are two months old. I gained a ton of weight when I was pregnant... apprx 70lbs (!!!!) and that was until week 35 when I gave birth. I lost 40 lbs within the first week (!!!) BH, but now I have the remaining 30 to lose. I don’t need to go back to my pre pregnancy weight, although obviously that would be nice, but I would really like to lose 20 lbs. I have a c section ‘pooch’ and lot of extra skin obviously (sorry if TMI!!!), and overall I don’t feel good about the way I look. I have really bad control and bad eating habits from pregnancy... I make sure I eat the nutrients I need by meals, but I’m really bad at snacking, especially on unhealthy carbs. I have zero self control, and it’s much harder bc I’m always home (taking care of them). I’m also really bad about self motivating for exercise, and it’s unrealistic right now to go to exercise classes because there aren’t really any options in my area and I would have to pay for the class in addition to a babysitter (#kollellife). I did start to walk a little bit with the them in the stroller when I can get out... but that isn’t often, and unless I do it with someone else, I have no motivation to go on a walk that’s longer then just a few minutes. Any help or advice? The weight doesn’t magically go away on its own right lol?
And does extra skin ever go away? And the ‘pooch’? (Ewe I hate that word but can’t think of a better one)

Aylat

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 5:40 am
Is C-section pooch a thing? I also have one and was wondering the same?

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 5:46 am
Don’t blame the c section. Your skin has stretched and is likely to stay that way unless it has exceptional elasticity.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 7:09 am
I had twins. Twin nursing made the weight come off. I weighed less than pre-pregnancy.

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 9:04 am
Chillax!

Until their six month. Your body needs to recover. Eat healthy, snack a bit and embrace yourself. There will be plenty of time to diet...in the future.

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 10:21 am
I have twins. I was always overweight but that pregnancy changed the shape of my body, especially by my stomach. Yes, pooch. I get that. Lol. And I didn't have a c-section. And I didn't gain that much weight.

I don't have solutions, sorry! Just don't blame your overeating or whatnot. It's the stretch of accommodating two babies.

Enjoy them!

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 11:09 am
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
I had twins. Twin nursing made the weight come off. I weighed less than pre-pregnancy.

Not everyone loses weight nursing, twins or otherwise. It depends on your body more than that

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 11:53 am
I had twins. Twin nursing did nothing. I went on a diet when my twins were 6 months old and lost all my pregnancy weight.
DO NOT go on a diet before 6 months. Your body needs to recover.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more