Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Cheap Phone and Internet Plan

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 9:48 pm
Originally I opened an account with TWC 3 years ago cuz I needed for work. They had a promotional introductory offer of about $50 total for phone and internet.
Now, 3 years later, I don't need the internet for work but for convenience sake;) And they doubled my plan to 94.98!!
Anyone any ideas?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 9:35 am
Find offers online for other providers in your area, find their promo rates, call up TWC and tell them (assuming you're happy and you like their service, not the price) that you will be switching because you can get XYZ service (landline plus 20 MPBS speed fiber optics internet, whatever) for ____ price. Is there any way they can work with you? If not, you will be switching.

That has usually worked for me with internet providers.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 9:39 am
T-mobile had a recent offer $65 prepaid for 2 lines, unlimited data. It might still be going on. Also, if you prepaid 2 months, they gave a free phone.

elisheva25

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 10:52 am
Cell ? Or Home line ?
For home Spectrum in certain areas offers internet package for $14.95 . It’s the most basic package. And you can get a home phone line with OoMa for $5/ moth .
For internet and Ooma combined I pay $20/ month .

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 5:28 pm
This 14.99 sounds too good to be true. I will call them about it. I tried looking online and came across this link saying its discontinued...Wonder!
http://concerningconsumers.ban.....rnet/

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 5:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Originally I opened an account with TWC 3 years ago cuz I needed for work. They had a promotional introductory offer of about $50 total for phone and internet.
Now, 3 years later, I don't need the internet for work but for convenience sake;) And they doubled my plan to 94.98!!
Anyone any ideas?

Ultra mobile

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 5:29 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Find offers online for other providers in your area, find their promo rates, call up TWC and tell them (assuming you're happy and you like their service, not the price) that you will be switching because you can get XYZ service (landline plus 20 MPBS speed fiber optics internet, whatever) for ____ price. Is there any way they can work with you? If not, you will be switching.

That has usually worked for me with internet providers.

The problem is that only TWC services my area:( I tried telling them I'll switch away and they told me I'd do the same if I'd get a better offer! lol
Happens to be I bought a house recently and will be moving later in the year. Wonder if I close the account and re-open vs just saying I'm moving I'll be able to get any promotional discounts...

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 8:17 pm
Ultramobile is for phone internet only right? I'm looking for home internet or a chip for a laptop

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 9:04 pm
Bump
Anyone ideas?

amother
Smokey

Post Sat, Jan 25 2020, 10:53 pm
I have Tello for a few years. it is under Sprint service and awesome experience

https://tello.com/buy/custom_p.....D_BwE

Sebastian

Post Sat, Jan 25 2020, 11:18 pm
Mint mobile is 15 a month

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 6:10 am
I have mint mobile too but op is looking for home phone, not cell service.

isrmss91

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 9:05 am
Bump
Cheapest internet and phone in Brooklyn?

isrmss91

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 9:10 am
Verizon's prices are crazy. My last bill was 148.00. they have a plan that will be 100. after all the extra fees. Is there something cheaper out there or they a have a monopoly?

turca

Post Fri, Aug 14 2020, 11:42 am
isrmss91 wrote:
Verizon's prices are crazy. My last bill was 148.00. they have a plan that will be 100. after all the extra fees. Is there something cheaper out there or they a have a monopoly?

Optimum?
A little cheaper, but not a bargain.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics