Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Self-publishing on Amazon - anyone do it?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 9:48 am
Has anyone here ever self published a book and sold on Amazon?
I would love to hear about your experience. Did you do it all yourself, or did you hire a company for typesetting and designing the cover?
Did you manage to sell anything on Amazon? Any words of wisdom?
TIA

Ruchel

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 9:51 am
I've done it.
My husband did the cover, either with an image he made, or one he bought, or once I hired a fivver. I use lulu and amazon. Don't expect to sell "a lot" if not for a lot of advertisement and people supporting either the topic or you. Also it can help to sometimes give it for free online (kindle unlimited) to make yourself out there

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 9:53 am
Ruchel wrote:
I've done it.
My husband did the cover, either with an image he made, or one he bought, or once I hired a fivver. I use lulu and amazon. Don't expect to sell "a lot" if not for a lot of advertisement and people supporting either the topic or you. Also it can help to sometimes give it for free online (kindle unlimited) to make yourself out there

Thank you Ruchel. Did you format the book yourself? I mean typesetting, etc. I wonder if it's too big a job for me.
If you don't mind me asking, did you publish in paperback or kindle form, or both?

Ruchel

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 9:58 am
Both Smile
I format it for the French but the English was too hard, I took someone. There are cheap ones on Fivver.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 10:03 am
Ruchel wrote:
Both Smile
I format it for the French but the English was too hard, I took someone. There are cheap ones on Fivver.

Great, thanks. I will check Fivver out. This has been very helpful.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room