Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Cartier Jewelry

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 10:09 am
Does anyone else fantasize over buying big name brand high quality jewelry?
I have been longing for the Cartier Amulette Pink Opal Earrings for years now and they are phasing out this collection. I feel so sad that I will most likely never have these. What practical steps do you take to not feel sad about not having something you want?

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 10:12 am
I bought myself a Cartier tank for my 30th bday. I love love love it. Did I mention that I love it?

But to answer your question I’m infertile so I spending a lot of time trying to feel ok. I’ll never not want what I can’t have but hopefully I won’t be broken

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 10:19 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have been longing for the Cartier Amulette Pink Opal Earrings for years now and they are phasing out this collection. I feel so sad that I will most likely never have these. What practical steps do you take to not feel sad about not having something you want?

You can buy it used.

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 10:25 am
You can get an real imitation piece for a fraction of the price. Real gold, real opal and diamond, not designer. I've considered getting an imitation of the cartier love bangle imitation in 14k gold and diamond for about a third of the price.

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 10:50 am
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
I bought myself a Cartier tank for my 30th bday. I love love love it. Did I mention that I love it?

But to answer your question I’m infertile so I spending a lot of time trying to feel ok. I’ll never not want what I can’t have but hopefully I won’t be broken

Hugs!! May HaShem help you always feel OK.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 11:00 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Are you the OP of the thread about returning jewelry?

Something like this is likely to be available for some time to come, through Cartier and its authorized dealers who have stock. And afterwards, there' the secondary market, including things like ebay.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 11:40 am
SixOfWands wrote:
Are you the OP of the thread about returning jewelry?

Something like this is likely to be available for some time to come, through Cartier and its authorized dealers who have stock. And afterwards, there' the secondary market, including things like ebay.

Yes! So they are already sold out in the long version and they are discontinuing this line. The studs are not available online anymore, once they are sold out in stores that will be it.

I just need to get over it and it just feels hard.

https://I.imgur.com/vOI2Ksy.jpg
https://I.imgur.com/kBRen4s.jpg

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 11:45 am
Just think, they are going to look dated soon.

People who know the line know they are discontinued.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 2:27 pm
Hi, OP. Molly's Jewelry just posted a pair of earrings on their story, 14k and under $500, that are similar to the ones you returned. Maybe this would hit the spot for you?

Don't know how to put the picture here....
Eta:
https://I.imgur.com/S8Xawja.jpg

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 2:45 pm
There are people out there who create custom jewelry. You can have a copy made and use the materials that meet your budget whether that’s real 14kt gold or whether that’s a gold plated good quality metal. Lots of times you overpay just for the name. Save a picture of it if you every want to do something like this in the future

zaq

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 3:39 pm
The only way I would be remotely interested would be if they moved the decimal point several places to the left. A watch is a tool to tell time. My Timex is maybe fifteen years old, maybe more, keeps perfect time, and is easy to read. If it were lost, stolen, or swallowed by a crocodile, I’d be sorry to lose such a reliable tool but that’s IT.

If I owned what they call a “prestige” watch I’d probably never wear it—as much out of a hatred of conspicuous consumption as out of fear of loss or theft. If my Timex goes, well, I have an excuse to buy a new one. No need for panic, police reports, insurance claims, or recriminations on my part or anyone else’s.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 3:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes! So they are already sold out in the long version and they are discontinuing this line. The studs are not available online anymore, once they are sold out in stores that will be it.

I just need to get over it and it just feels hard.

https://I.imgur.com/vOI2Ksy.jpg
https://I.imgur.com/kBRen4s.jpg

https://www.skagen.com/en-us/e.....05040

and much as I despise counterfeits

http://www.gioiellipopolare.ru.....-p695

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 5:13 am
I have a C ring I love, yet you get used to it. Don't.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 8:55 am
zaq wrote:
The only way I would be remotely interested would be if they moved the decimal point several places to the left. A watch is a tool to tell time. My Timex is maybe fifteen years old, maybe more, keeps perfect time, and is easy to read. If it were lost, stolen, or swallowed by a crocodile, I’d be sorry to lose such a reliable tool but that’s IT.

If I owned what they call a “prestige” watch I’d probably never wear it—as much out of a hatred of conspicuous consumption as out of fear of loss or theft. If my Timex goes, well, I have an excuse to buy a new one. No need for panic, police reports, insurance claims, or recriminations on my part or anyone else’s.

People enjoy different things.

You don't get pleasure from wearing a beautiful watch, so you wear a utilitarian one. There's no problem with that. There's also no problem with wanting a beautiful timepiece on your wrist.

Its the same for a lot of things. Some people are content with a piece of grilled chicken seasoned with salt and pepper; some people enjoy haute cuisine. Some people like a plain skirt and crew neck tee; others view clothing as an art. Some people like instant coffee; others seek out the best form of brewing and best grind. Nothing wrong with any of those things.

Wanting Cartier jewelry because it is Cartier is very different from wanting Cartier because you love it. I covet Georg Jensen and David Yurman because I love their aesthetic, not because of the mark. And there's nothing wrong with that.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 10:53 am
I honestly don't see how you get more out of real jewelry than high quality costume jewelry.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 11:29 am
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
I honestly don't see how you get more out of real jewelry than high quality costume jewelry.

Real gold/silver jewelry versus junk and goldfilled/plated or designer versus real?

amother
Green

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 12:07 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:

What’s a tank? Tank top?

LittleMissMama

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 1:18 pm
A cartier tank watch. Google it. It's a popular style.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 1:31 pm
LittleMissMama wrote:
A cartier tank watch. Google it. It's a popular style.

I had a similar style in a Pulsar, many moons ago.

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 1:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

We can all think of expensive things we really really want and can never buy. I used to have an instagram's worth of saved pictures of jewelry that I wanted and clothing and houses.

I deleted instagram and I'm so much happier. if you want practical steps, literally the thing to do is put it out of your mind. If you think about it, immediately think about something else. Don't google it. Don't look at pictures of it. In ten years from now, it will all be a distant memory and there will be something else you want.

Me? I want another child, but I'm trying to come to terms with the fact that it is well and truly over for me. And so I put it out of my mind and focus on the here and now.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics