Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Does anyone live in Inverrary, Plantation, Cooper City FL?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 9:28 am
Hi, we're considering moving to one of these cities. Does anyone on here live in one of them? How is it there?

My criteria for a place are: close to a mikvah, cheaper rent, friendly people, safe for me to walk alone.
My husband's criteria: low traffic, cheaper rent, quiet neighborhood and a place where people will be friendly and not too pushy on him because he's a new BT and our current community is so pushy on him it's turning him off (big part of why we're moving).

Thank you!

SingALong

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 10:50 am
there's a really nice chabad shul in inverrary. I don't live there but I stayed there once for shabbos. it was several years ago but the people we ate by said house in their area were typically priced at $250, 3-4 br homes, often with a pool. there are apartments for rent nearby, wihtin the eiruv, but I'm not sure how many frum people live in the apartments. people in shul seemed very friendly and chilled.

school was a nice amount of a drive away, maybe 20-25 min? don't know about the traffic though

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 11:13 am
boca raton has a young isreal and a new yeshivah

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 11:19 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi, we're considering moving to one of these cities. Does anyone on here live in one of them? How is it there?

My criteria for a place are: close to a mikvah, cheaper rent, friendly people, safe for me to walk alone.
My husband's criteria: low traffic, cheaper rent, quiet neighborhood and a place where people will be friendly and not too pushy on him because he's a new BT and our current community is so pushy on him it's turning him off (big part of why we're moving).

Thank you!

We lived near Inverrary. It meets the criteria for you. Meets the criteria for him. There are some politics in the area too, if you care about that. Community grew a lot over past few years.

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 11:21 am
Plantation is nice too but I dont know specifics, as to if it meets your or your husbands criteria.

md951

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 12:51 pm
Thank you so much everyone!

About inverrary, is the neighborhood only safe if we're VERY close to shul or would a mile away still be okay for walking alone during the day? Also we're Sephardi, is it going to be a good fit with whatever the politics are?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating