Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Which neighborhood? Update!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 10 2019, 11:03 pm
We are looking to move into a young open minded crowd/ OOT crowd. I know Coventry is a good fit for us but the houses are too small. Is there any other townhouse neighborhood in Lakewood (not Jackson or TR) with that kind of crowd?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 8:26 am
Bump.

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 8:35 am
Raintree or chestnut

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 9:12 am
Westgate is a huge mix. There are yeshivish, moder, Israeli, chassidish, sefardi, OOT. Every. Single. Type.
We are very happy there and we’ve been here a number of years already.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 10:19 am
I know you said not Jackson but Brookwood I in Jackson, which is just out of Lakewood (my sister who lives there walks over on Shabbos, it's about a 20 minute walk to some Lakewood neighborhoods) could really work for you, based on what you describe.

It's not the fancy side of Jackson, but definitely has houses more spacious than Coventry (ranches, capes, and bi-levels). And the crowd is young, frum, more OOT - and very friendly and warm.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 12:29 pm
Yes to Raintree, tons of OOTers, but it’s not townhouses (which is a big plus in my book)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 2:19 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I know you said not Jackson but Brookwood I in Jackson, which is just out of Lakewood (my sister who lives there walks over on Shabbos, it's about a 20 minute walk to some Lakewood neighborhoods) could really work for you, based on what you describe.

It's not the fancy side of Jackson, but definitely has houses more spacious than Coventry (ranches, capes, and bi-levels). And the crowd is young, frum, more OOT - and very friendly and warm.

Thanks. I actually saw a house for rent there. I’ll look into it.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 2:19 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
Yes to Raintree, tons of OOTers, but it’s not townhouses (which is a big plus in my book)

Oh good to know. I’ll look here as well.

rikki 1

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 5:04 pm
Lakeview is similar sized to Coventry but they have (non rentable) basements. Nice crowd!

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 5:09 pm
Look into Wyndham 2 (idk anything about orginal Wyndham but maybe someone here does)
And look into ocean place/ ocean point. Which is the one with the smaller townhouses?

rikki 1

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 6:06 pm
Ocean place is next to ocean point and similar to Lakeview (across the street )

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 7:30 pm
Are you all talking about rt 88? I think that neighborhood is very yeshivish no?

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 9:12 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
Raintree or chestnut

If you compare raintree and chestnut, they are total opposite types hashkafically.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 11:12 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
If you compare raintree and chestnut, they are total opposite types hashkafically.

Care to explain?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 03 2020, 8:42 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
Westgate is a huge mix. There are yeshivish, moder, Israeli, chassidish, sefardi, OOT. Every. Single. Type.
We are very happy there and we’ve been here a number of years already.

Updating for you guys...

Well what do you know? We’re moving to westgate in the end. I wrote on the other thread how I’m looking for a Morah for my almost 3 year old for this year and next if you have any recommendations please let me know!

Thanks!

amother
Oak

Post Fri, Jan 03 2020, 9:43 am
Looking forward to welcoming you! I am an open minded, out of town person, who has lived in westgate for 8 years🙂. Hope you're happy with your choice! And see you in the park on Shabbos!

Morah nechama finer on pressburg does older 2's, but I imagine she's been full this year.
Morah rivky schuster does older 3's. Peshy Hirsh does younger threes, and chavi schneider does 3 yr olds as well. Good luck!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 03 2020, 10:24 am
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
Looking forward to welcoming you! I am an open minded, out of town person, who has lived in westgate for 8 years🙂. Hope you're happy with your choice! And see you in the park on Shabbos!

Morah nechama finer on pressburg does older 2's, but I imagine she's been full this year.
Morah rivky schuster does older 3's. Peshy Hirsh does younger threes, and chavi schneider does 3 yr olds as well. Good luck!

Thank you so much!! Good shsbbos!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries