Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Where are your photo albums

doodlesmom

Post Thu, Dec 12 2019, 9:05 am
I’m doing some rearranging in my house and am trying to get some ideas and perspective, so I was wondering where people keep the following:
Photo albums
Warrantees and other paperwork for household items
Safe
School supplies ( extra)
Household supplies ie pens scissors etc

Thanks!

GrowingUp

Post Thu, Dec 12 2019, 10:45 am
Photo albums are on a bookcase shelf in my living room.

Warantees and other paperwork I keep in a file box (with diff sections). Box is kept on a shelf in a storage closet.

No safe but I would probably keep it under my bed or on the floor in a corner of the closet.

Extra supplies of any sort are in a bin on a shelf in the basement.

Pens, keys, sticky notes etc are in my “junk drawer” in the kitchen. Scissors and razor blades are kept in a tall holder on top of the fridge (away from little hands)

doodlesmom

Post Thu, Dec 12 2019, 10:57 am
Thanks
My albums are in my bedroom closet now ( due to lack of options) but I just redid my basement so I am moving things around and am wondering if I should put it in the basement family room or in the dr/ lr.
I don’t have a spare kitchen drawer only a spare upper junk cabinet and it’s always so messy.

GrowingUp

Post Thu, Dec 12 2019, 11:55 am
We love pulling out photo albums when we have family over so the living room makes sense for us. If they rarely get looked out than the basement would be a better option.

As for the kitchen cabinet, can this kind of system work for you? Found this idea on Instagram.

doodlesmom

Post Thu, Dec 12 2019, 11:59 am
Okay thats just eye candy. I’ll never be this organized lol.

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Dec 12 2019, 12:02 pm
doodlesmom wrote:
Okay thats just eye candy. I’ll never be this organized lol.

I keep my albums in a basement closet and some in my own closet . I have large scrapbooks and it takes up lots of space.

The safe is sometimes in the attic and sometimes in a master bedroom closet. We tend to move it around.

I have a file cabinet where I keep warranty’s etc in hanging file folders .

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Dec 12 2019, 12:03 pm
Photo Albums in my walk in closet
Paperwork in the bottom drawer in my dresser in my bedroom
Extra school supplies in the basement
Household supplies in the junk drawer in the kitchen

ETA: Don't have a safe

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Dec 12 2019, 12:33 pm
Albums in a bookcase, tall shelves for oversized volumes.
Warranties etc. in clear page protector envelopes in a binder in the same shelf as albums—because of size.
Safe-worthy things are in a bank safe-deposit vault.
Extra school supplies in a carton on a high shelf in dc closet.
Household stationery/ office supplies in the desk the computer sits on.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Dec 12 2019, 12:56 pm
doodlesmom wrote:
I’m doing some rearranging in my house and am trying to get some ideas and perspective, so I was wondering where people keep the following:
Photo albums
Warrantees and other paperwork for household items
Safe
School supplies ( extra)
Household supplies ie pens scissors etc

Thanks!

Reserve one shelf in your sefarim bookcase for photo albums. Best if they are all uniform in color and size.

Warranties should be scanned and saved on the computer. If hard copies work better for you, set up a mini filing system in a drawer or expandable folder just for these. Go through it regularly and throw out any expired papers. Don't let it get out of hand.

Safe can be installed in a floor of a closet.

If you have a cabinet that you can reserve for household supplies, buy the stackable clear drawers that fit into that cabinet and label each one according to contents. Similar to what GrowingUp posted, but easier because you don't have to remove the 3 boxes stacked on top in order to reach for the one on bottom. You can just open the drawer you need to access.

If you need recommendations for stackable drawers that are only 9" from front to back so they fit into an upper cabinet, I can look up the brand I have. It took a long time to find a size that fit!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics