Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Behavior change overnight
Previous  1  2

imasinger

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 11:17 am
Don't overreact either way.

Get her checked medically, then, if there's a clean slate, look for clues. When is she acting out?

Behavior is a form of communication. Write down what's happening in the time before she does something (both short and longer term, for example, had an hour long car ride, then told her to get in the shopping cart, she hit the baby). Write what she did, how you responded, how she handled your response.

Try to "catch her being good", so she knows you still are proud of her.

And, after a week of notes, look at them for patterns.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 11:18 am
subby wrote:
You think its a health issue? No I didn’t check her out
She’s extremely expressive. She would tell me if something hurts her

subby wrote:
I have strep and she was bz thats shes also sick but I thought she’s just copying me because im bz taking meds... ill go to dr today

Your posts are contradicting each other.
Of she's expressive and telling you she's sick, why DONT u think it's a health issue?

subby

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 11:18 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
How old is her baby sister?

My son is 2.5 (going on 3), and my daughter is 17 months. About 3-4 months ago, he suddenly hit his terrible twos. I realized that it was because my daughter got really, really cute at around that time, and he got jealous of all the attention she was getting.

Is that a possibility in this case? A precocious child who is suddenly getting less attention that she was used to previously will often act out.

Now that you’re mentioning this it can totally be the case! My baby is 9 months old and she started doing all these cute things. She also started grabbing away toys from my older one so could be she is jealous!

subby

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 11:21 am
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
Your posts are contradicting each other.
Of she's expressive and telling you she's sick, why DONT u think it's a health issue?

Because she only tells me that when I take my meds. I told her im feeling fine already so she was like im also feeling fine! She said it in a way that she wants to just imitate me.. she does that all the time

kollel wife

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 11:21 am
Sometimes after a virus a kid can be very cranky, but nothing specific is hurting. Also if she's expressive ask her, why are you hurting the baby, why are you so not happy today? Are you tired, do you want to rest? etc.

Busy as a bee

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 11:24 am
my son gets like that when he has strep. I know it already so its something I look for.
Last week he punched me in the face (and usually the most lovable, easiest kid) we went straight to the dr that day and it was strep. I will say that if she only started acting out today it may not show up on a strep culture yet. Ive had times when I KNEW they had strep but culture was negative. Came back 3 days later for reculture and positive.

subby

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 11:26 am
kollel wife wrote:
Sometimes after a virus a kid can be very cranky, but nothing specific is hurting. Also if she's expressive ask her, why are you hurting the baby, why are you so not happy today? Are you tired, do you want to rest? etc.

When I ask her y she hurts her sister she just tells me “ I wont do it again I promise “
She doesnt nap but she does get tired during the day. Her bedtime is 615 and she wakes up at 8

subby

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 11:32 am
She hit the baby yesterday and my baby really got hurt so I was like u will need a punishment now. I told her to stand by the wall until I count til 10. She didnt make a fuss and stood up ran to the wall and waited until I finished counting. Then went back to play

Bruria

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 11:34 am
Maybe ask the teacher how is she doing in class? Maybe other kids are not being nice to her and it's causing her to act out. Also play with her, kids often show through play what's going on with them during the day.

subby

Post Thu, Dec 12 2019, 9:10 pm
I just wanted to update you all! My daughter had an ear infection and started medication now she’s acting totally back to herself. Shes also eating again bh! Thanx all for pushing me to check her out!!!

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Dec 12 2019, 9:27 pm
Just so you know, young kids have a hard time localizing pain. So they may feel off in some way but not be able to express what's bothering them even if they're normally very expressive.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers