Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Bathing time

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 12 2019, 9:08 pm
My daughter is 3 and she refuses my help when bathing her. Is it normal? Can she clean herself up properly? If I beg her she would let me soap her hands, feet, back etc but her private part she jumps away and doesnt let me. Should I just trust her and tell her clean herself?

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Dec 12 2019, 9:28 pm
Show her how to do it herself and supervise to make sure she gets everything clean. Why do you need to do it yourself? Also, no one should be using soap in their vaginal area. Just rinse with water.

bsy

Post Thu, Dec 12 2019, 9:46 pm
I just wash my kids' hair with shampoo and let the bath water clean the rest of them....

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 13 2019, 12:14 am
This is something new to me. Just water is fine to clean a child?

Teomima

Post Fri, Dec 13 2019, 2:14 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This is something new to me. Just water is fine to clean a child?

For their privates? Absolutely. No female should be using soap down there, it disrupts the pH levels, increasing the risk of a UTI. As for bath water, it's fine. It's got soap residue from the shampoo. And if you get her soaped up well once a week, that's plenty. More than that can be drying for the skin, anyhow. Frequent bathing is just to freshen up, three year olds don't even really sweat much anyways, so bath water does that job will enough for most days.

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Dec 13 2019, 9:58 am
That’s actually great. Just show her how to do everything properly and supervise to make sure it’s done.

polka dots

Post Fri, Dec 13 2019, 1:53 pm
I let my kid do by herself. But tell her that sometimes mommy does it. So if it’s in the middle of the week and it’s a quick freshen up bath I don’t have an issue with her doing it by herself.

But I feel like every second time it so I want to bathe her. Otherwise I find soap residue in hair also to clean behind ear...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers