Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Cleanliness

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 3:22 am
I'm just curious if most Jewish homes are kept clean. I am a little lazy about cleaning so I just wanted to know other Jewish woman's opinion about having things basically clean (not completely spicy and span but moderately clean and organized)

chipmunks

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 3:31 am
I think everyone feels better if it's neat and clean. As long as you're not chasing everyone around with a broom all day and getting yourself and everybody else all stressed out about it. Hashem made the world with seder. It's comforting. Smile

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 3:33 am
It is something I really struggle with. My kids especially my toddler makes a mess faster then I can turn around. I can sweep and half an hour later it needs to be swept again.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 3:37 am
Thanks for your perspective. I find it hard to motivate myself to clean. Maybe I could make some sort of chart. It probably would boost some moods

chipmunks

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 3:44 am
Maybe pick a few must-do things a day? Dishes, pick up clutter, sweep/vacuum, for example.

And yeah, I have a schedule for the rest. Sun. machsan and car (because otherwise it would never get done), laundry (this is moved to Motzash when Shabbat ends early). Mon. our bedroom, girls' room. Tues. bathroom(s), boys room. Wed. salon/kitchen (size of one room), Thurs. cooking for Shabbat, floors, mirpeset. Tweak it so it works for you, don't schedule anything for Erev Shabbat because you. will. still. be. busy. (and if you're not, yay!).

If you keep up with the little daily tasks the other stuff will gradually get easier and cleaner even if you just clean for an hour or two a day total.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 4:47 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm just curious if most Jewish homes are kept clean. I am a little lazy about cleaning so I just wanted to know other Jewish woman's opinion about having things basically clean (not completely spicy and span but moderately clean and organized)
I dont think this is a jewish thing (or not Smile )
Its an individual thing. I love a clean and tidy kitchen. Cant sleep if there are things all over the counters, but if we have mount laundry on the bed in the spare room for weeks, it doesnt bother me.
Everyone will be different.
You do what you feel you can or what eorks for you and your family.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 7:13 am
Not sure what this has to do with being Jewish specifically! But my house is always very clean. I sweep, do dishes, wipe down the bathrooms with clorox wipes, spray the tables and counters with Lysol every day. And then the rest of the days are dedicated to 15-20 min something else.
I work full time, so its much easier for me. Noone is home to make a mess. And I have to move fast.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry