Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
The story of the 10 non returnable blankets
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 5:17 pm
Well technically 7 blankets and 3 swaddles.

Recently had my 3rd... I really appreciate all the gifts but.. I wish I could return or exchange for something I need! (1st of this gender so I need plenty!)
Just food for thought before you send a gift without a gift receipt..

And yes, I know I can regift them!

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 5:35 pm
You don’t sound like you really appreciate all the gifts.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 5:39 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
You don’t sound like you really appreciate all the gifts.

Wouldnt you want a gift you give to be useful? Of course im grateful. I feel so good that so many people thought of me and took the time out to go buy something, wrap it, write a card, drop it off. Not to mention the money spent..

blessedjmom

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 5:39 pm
Mazel tov!

That is too funny. All those caring generous ppl want to make sure your New baby is warmmmm.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 5:41 pm
I think that you can appreciate the sentiment, while still wishing it could be more useful.

This is a PSA to make sure you include gift receipts. I would want my gift to be as useful as possible.

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 5:42 pm
There lots of heimish stores that make clearance sales. Their policy is no returns or exchanges. And many women stock up on baby gifts at these sales. That can explain the lack of gift receipts. Remember: it’s the thought that’s counts anyway.

blessedjmom

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 5:45 pm
I've found beautiful blankets at TJ Maxx that looked and felt like the ones from Whoopi. Only they were $11.99 in place of $89.99

I wouldn't give it with a gift receipt.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 5:49 pm
Reminds me of a friend who gives littel silver something or others (candy dish?) to every chosson & kallah. Turns out when you try to exchange it's non-returnable, bought on sale etc etc ... and yes, then you can re-gift. Or she picks up great metziahs at Home Goods or TJ Maxx, but how often is it really the taste of the recipient? But I know this person is on a very tight budget, and is so happy to find a really nice item for a fraction of its real value, and that's all she can afford.

Or the seventy fifth tray of dip dishes. You might be able to use 3 or 6, well, especially if they'd all coordinate ... but one's modern, one traditional etc etc

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 5:53 pm
blessedjmom wrote:
I've found beautiful blankets at TJ Maxx that looked and felt like the ones from Whoopi. Only they were $11.99 in place of $89.99

I love ur comment about people wanting my baby to be warm. Give me the cozy feels. My sil asked me after he was born what she can get for me so I sent her to carters for a few things. The carters she went to was next to a tj maxx or marshalls so she stopped in for herself. When she was there she saw a super soft blanket so she picked it up for me. She told me she couldnt resist. I think one or 2 others were also from tj maxx cuz they are brands I often see there but idk forsure...

penguin

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 5:55 pm
BTW when you're up to it you might go to TJMaxx & see if you can get a credit even w/o a receipt. The returns desk should know if it's theirs, although if the tags were removed I suppose it's not likely they will accept.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 6:07 pm
Too funny, I recently had my third, first of this gender. We didn’t get many gifts but all the gifts we did get were blankets.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 6:10 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Too funny, I recently had my third, first of this gender. We didn’t get many gifts but all the gifts we did get were blankets.

Glad im not the only one!!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 6:21 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
I think that you can appreciate the sentiment, while still wishing it could be more useful.

This is a PSA to make sure you include gift receipts. I would want my gift to be as useful as possible.

I tried to make the title less obnoxious. When u write PSAs in ur title on imamother, your asking for it! Tongue Out

penguin

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 6:23 pm
I guess people figure you can't go wrong with size ... whereas an outfit can be outgrown too quickly etc.

Simple1

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 6:30 pm
Sometimes I obsess about buying the perfect and most usable gift, that occasionally I end up not giving anything at all. So at least they gave something - it's the thought that counts.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 7:23 pm
So funny... I recently gave a blanket as a baby gift. I wasn't sure what to get, I figured they probably have tons of clothes already... When I saw a beautiful fluffy blanket - I decided you could never have too many blankets!

... I guess you can Very Happy

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 7:29 pm
[quote="amother [ OP ]"]I love ur comment about people wanting my baby to be warm. Give me the cozy feels. My sil asked me after he was born what she can get for me so I sent her to carters for a few things. The carters she went to was next to a tj maxx or marshalls so she stopped in for herself. When she was there she saw a super soft blanket so she picked it up for me. She told me she couldnt resist. I think one or 2 others were also from tj maxx cuz they are brands I often see there but idk forsure...[/quote]
Well, if they weren't Carter's or Oshkosh brand (or Skip Hop), then most likely they were from TJMaxx or Marshall's...

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 7:32 pm
I have just 1 child and a full box of warm cozy blankets we never use. She’s too little to sleep with one still. We have a zippered bag for the stroller that stays on better and is water proof, and keep just 1 in the car. I just don’t know when I should use a blanket?

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 7:33 pm
This thread reminds me of the one about meals for after a baby where several posters complained or even made fun about the meals sent over because they have picky children or husbands.

sky

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 7:34 pm
blessedjmom wrote:

I do this exactly this. send to a kiddush or shalom zachor with cookies when I want to show I care without spending a lot. (I don’t spend more then that on my own kids)
I figure if they don’t need it they can always regift.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics