Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
2019: The Imamother Year In Review! What YOU Learned..
Previous  1  2  3

Jewishfoodie

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 7:52 pm
I also learned how to get a band aid off! In my days, bandaids were sooo flimsy, you sneezed and it popped off. Not so, today...

I get blood work, which, as it is, is a ball of laughs, (not) and then, insult to injury, they pull out this fabric/gorilla glue bandaid and slap it on, taking care to trap as many hairs from the upper arm as they could, beneath it. (I think the more hair they get, the bigger their bonus that year?)

So I come home, and, for the next 2 hours, I am gently gently trying to coax this stubborn bit of crazy glue off my inner arm, while singing the famous "ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch" song my kids taught me when they were young.

And then, one day, out of the blue, an ima wrote, "Bandaids come off easily with baby oil."

I was like, "No way!"

So I went to my laboratory, (lavatory) and experimented and, what do you know! That band aid was gone before the gaping hole in my arm was even closed!

Thank you Ima!

I also learned voila! Not "Viola" like the road in Monsey.... (thank u, other ima!)

missmuffetsmum

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 10:19 pm
I learned that I could get hugs from people I'll never know to help me through tough times that I can't share IRL Smile
I also learned that Imamother can be addictive for me, so I took steps to limit my time on it. And that the intimacy forum should not be read by those married less than like 50 years or so Wink if at all...

Jewishfoodie

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 11:47 pm
OMG! I just learned this today!!

You won't believe me so try it. You can actually PM yourself!!

For those of you saying, "but... Why would you?" uhh.. Duh...! I speak to myself ALL THE TIME!! Now I can message myself!!

Like just this minute, I messaged myself about a very weird situation going on at work. I'm sooo curious if I'll answer! And if I do, what advice will I give?!

I keep checking every few hours to see if I answered me yet. I'll keep u updated...

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 12:44 am
Jewishfoodie wrote:
OMG! I just learned this today!!

You won't believe me so try it. You can actually PM yourself!!

For those of you saying, "but... Why would you?" uhh.. Duh...! I speak to myself ALL THE TIME!! Now I can message myself!!

Like just this minute, I messaged myself about a very weird situation going on at work. I'm sooo curious if I'll answer! And if I do, what advice will I give?!

I keep checking every few hours to see if I answered me yet. I'll keep u updated...

Could you please please answer yourself already?? We’re dying to know the advice you’ll give...
Lots of hugs to self f’sure!
Reminds me of a quote I saw. Will post below.

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 12:46 am

penguin

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 1:03 am
Re bandaids: I don't let them give me one! I just hold the cotton ball w lots of pressure & usually stop bleeding pretty fast. Of course if you're taking blood thinners, don't try this.

Jewishfoodie

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 1:16 am
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Could you please please answer yourself already?? We’re dying to know the advice you’ll give...
Lots of hugs to self f’sure!
Reminds me of a quote I saw. Will post below.

(I still didn't answer me. It's sooo frustrating!)

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 1:16 am
penguin wrote:
Re bandaids: I don't let them give me one! I just hold the cotton ball w lots of pressure & usually stop bleeding pretty fast. Of course if you're taking blood thinners, don't try this.

Or what they do at my daughters clinic. They wrap a cute designed thingie like this:

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 1:20 am
Jewishfoodie wrote:
(I still didn't answer me. It's sooo frustrating!)

I hugged you, because I feel your frustration through the WiFi network Hug Hug Maybe sleep it over and you’ll have some good advice in the morn, or post it anonymously in working women forum. We won’t guess it’s you Wink and we’ll just bombard you with AWESOME advice.

Jewishfoodie

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 1:25 am
gamzehyaavor wrote:
I hugged you, because I feel your frustration through the WiFi network Hug Hug Maybe sleep it over and you’ll have some good advice in the morn, or post it anonymously in working women forum. We won’t guess it’s you Wink and we’ll just bombard you with AWESOME advice.

I'm hoping when I wake up there'll be a message from me in my inbox...a girl can dream.. (I hope! I can't seem to fall asleep!)

disneyland

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 2:34 am
I learned how smart and practical people can be . and if I have a certain challenge or even just feel low, I can come on imamother and learn so much

chefmama

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 3:11 am
imanonymous wrote:
If you want to know who a particular poster is, you can quote their post under your sn and ask them to pm you. Some amothers don't mind one-on-one interaction, but just don't want the entire Imamother to know who they are.

That's a good idea! Thanks!

british

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 2:20 pm
I learned.....and was in awe......of how people are ready and willing to help out others without knowing them or even knowing where they live. The two posts that I clearly remember is the post someone put up about her children not having clothing for Yom tov.....or the mother asking how to get two chicken cutlets to stretch to feed eight. The outpouring of offers was outstanding. From financial offers, to donations of clothing----- with the VERY thoughtful offer of leaving the clothing out on the front porch so that the receiver will never be known to the giver!! So thoughtful. And even if nothing materialised from the offers, I hope they gave the OP chizuk to know that others care. I have tried to keep this in.mind in my day to day life. So thank you imamother for allowing us to care and think of others.

imanonymous

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 4:31 pm

Last edited by imanonymous on Thu, May 06 2021, 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jewishfoodie

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 6:14 pm
imanonymous wrote:
For a while, whenever I tried to respond to a pm, Imamother would automatically insert my sn... so I kept sending PMs to myself! It was beyond frustrating. I pmed Yael about it (after 3 tries) and she said something about autocomplete, and then I realized that it must be my laptop.

But it was a bit funny, no? Like, you have a new message. It's... YOU!

imanonymous

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 6:18 pm

Last edited by imanonymous on Thu, May 06 2021, 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jewishfoodie

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 7:03 pm
imanonymous wrote:
I suppose that depended on the content of the message and how desperate I was for a reply.

If it was a pm with you about glazed donuts, then getting a message from me was fine, since I probably sent you something tongue-in-cheek. Smile

(I personally appreciate how rude I can be to me. Like, I'll ask myself what I should make for supper and I will immediately answer, "what has HE made ME for supper, lately!! That's what I'll make!" That's my secret diet. Starvation. If I had to live off what my husband actually knows how to cook. I mean, he botched a boiled egg! A boiled egg! Who doesn't know that the pot needs water in it?! Wanna know what he calls a delicacy? I kid you not. Cream cheese and jelly on a bread. The combination makes me want to hurl. But do keep in mind that my favorite sandwich is still peanut butter and hard boiled eggs. Where the yolk still has a velvet color.. And a bit of salt... Mmmmmm. So always consider the source.)
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics