Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
How to lose the last 5-6 pounds

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 5:45 pm
After reaching my highest weight since a year post-seminary (non-pregnancy, obviously) around Sukkos time, I've B'H lost 10 pounds since then and I feel much better physically. However, I still have another 5-6 pounds to lose, and I find that they won't budge. I've been exercising and eating well. I don't think cutting calories or shifting food groups will work at this point, since I've found a sweet spot that works for me without making me feel deprived.

What else can I do to lose those last 5 pounds? It really is healthier for me, and my clothing will fit better.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 5:47 pm
Try doing a little more muscle building exercise. In the short term, you might actually gain a little, but you'll lose in the long run.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 6:48 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Try doing a little more muscle building exercise. In the short term, you might actually gain a little, but you'll lose in the long run.

What type, specifically? I never know what to do. I've been pretty sedentary until recently so I've focused mainly on aerobic exercise. I'm a weakling.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 7:03 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What type, specifically? I never know what to do. I've been pretty sedentary until recently so I've focused mainly on aerobic exercise. I'm a weakling.

Try bodyweight exercises like squats and hip hinges, adding on weights as you build your strength.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 7:37 pm
Intermittent fasting

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 8:44 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
Intermittent fasting

Won't work on my teacher's schedule - if I went so many hours without eating, I'd faint.

Miri1

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 8:58 pm
How about just using the idea of intermittent fasting - you don' t have to take it all the way.
eg - don't eat past a certain time in the evening - or not after dinner.

redheaded

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 9:00 pm
Do an uphill walk for an hour a week.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 9:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Won't work on my teacher's schedule - if I went so many hours without eating, I'd faint.

Eat in the morning. Like 8-5. And then just drink until bedtime.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 9:06 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
Eat in the morning. Like 8-5. And then just drink until bedtime.

I wish I were organized enough to be able to do this, but I'm out of the house from approximately 7:30-4:15 every day. My main meal of the day is still dinner, and I just can't get myself together enough to have dinner ready the second I walk in the door.

I can try not to east past a certain time... but what time? Realistically, I wouldn't be able to do earlier than 7, and even that is pushing it for me at times (I'll make something for the kids but won't eat myself until later).

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 9:44 pm
Why dont you try meal prep? Try doing it on sunday before the busy week starts..

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 9:48 pm
I don't know what kind of weight loss plan you are on now, but I've seen tremendous results when I just cut out white flour and sugar.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise