Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
WAKE UP!! it has nothing to do with religion!!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 6:03 pm
gold21 wrote:
And that's a very unpopular opinion, luckily.

Many parents circumcise, Jewish or non Jewish.

I'll bet those who are anti circumcision are more likely to be anti vaccine anyway. The body knows what it's doing- don't mess with it- etc....

Are there any references to back the assertion that the majority of parents who decide vaccines are not right for their children previously decided circumcision isn't right either? As far as I know there are plenty of parents who vaccinate, but do not circumcise, but if you can present evidence to the contrary, I would be interested in reviewing that.

As a previous poster demonstrated via statistical facts, circumcision rates are falling (can we say dramatically?). Today the dominant opinion in the US might be that circumcision is not genital mutilation or any other form of child abuse, thank G-d. But that doesn't mean things won't look different several years from now. 15 years ago we heard not a word about vaccines; it simply wasn't politicised, unlike today. 10 years ago you barely heard about anti-Semitism in the US. The tide in the US is changing quickly. Don't make the mistake of believing that one of your cherished liberties can't be under attack next, especially in the current climate of rising anti-Semitism.

gold21

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 8:09 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
Are there any references to back the assertion that the majority of parents who decide vaccines are not right for their children previously decided circumcision isn't right either? As far as I know there are plenty of parents who vaccinate, but do not circumcise, but if you can present evidence to the contrary, I would be interested in reviewing that.

As a previous poster demonstrated via statistical facts, circumcision rates are falling (can we say dramatically?). Today the dominant opinion in the US might be that circumcision is not genital mutilation or any other form of child abuse, thank G-d. But that doesn't mean things won't look different several years from now. 15 years ago we heard not a word about vaccines; it simply wasn't politicised, unlike today. 10 years ago you barely heard about anti-Semitism in the US. The tide in the US is changing quickly. Don't make the mistake of believing that one of your cherished liberties can't be under attack next, especially in the current climate of rising anti-Semitism.

When a person says "I'll bet", there usually aren't references available. It's a hunch.

OK, again I ask you, do you support the right of Muslims who believe in FGM to practice accordingly?

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 8:21 pm
gold21 wrote:
When a person says "I'll bet", there usually aren't references available. It's a hunch.

OK, again I ask you, do you support the right of Muslims who believe in FGM to practice accordingly?

It’s a cultural practice, not Muslim.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 9:28 pm
gold21 wrote:
OK- fair point-

I don't disagree.

But what about vaccines such as MMR?

So do you agree most vaccines should be mandated, other than those that only affect the individual?

Nope, I still don't agree, bc there is still risk so there should be choice.
However - at least I would be confident our leadership has the general publics best interests in mind.

amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
What is the point?

Every vaccine is mandatory (for schooling) The bill doesn’t change that.

Omg im literally done. Idk why I keep checking back on this.
Banging head

The bill increases which vaccines are mandatory (including every. Single. New. Vaccine. That will ever be released) and eliminates any chance of delaying or picking and choosing.

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 9:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Banging head

The bill increases which vaccines are mandatory (including every. Single. New. Vaccine. That will ever be released) and eliminates any chance of delaying or picking and choosing.

Why was it ever fair that religious people could pick and choose, and others couldn’t?

For most NJ citizens this bill changes nothing.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 9:40 pm
Why was it ever fair that religious people could pick and choose, and others couldn’t?

For most NJ citizens this bill changes nothing.

We ALL have the G-d given right to chose what goes into our bodies. Some people just dont realize it yet. I agree with OP-please wake up

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 9:46 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
We ALL have the G-d given right to chose what goes into our bodies. Some people just dont realize it yet. I agree with OP-please wake up

How do you get to that?

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 9:47 pm
Didnt read all replies so not sure if was mentioned. But do u ppl realize that they're trying to make it legal to vaccinate your children in school without parents consent? Are u okay with that?

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 9:50 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
Didnt read all replies so not sure if was mentioned. But do u ppl realize that they're trying to make it legal to vaccinate your children in school without parents consent? Are u okay with that?

Are you talking about 14 year olds giving consent?

gold21

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 10:34 pm
It’s a cultural practice, not Muslim.

OK. Fine. Mostly practiced by Muslims, but not across the board- it's specific to certain countries. True.

gold21

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 10:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Banging head

Then we're back to square one- the idea that the choice to vaxx or not vaxx doesn't occur in a bubble and can affect the people in your neighborhood.

gold21

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 10:35 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:

How's that? Can you elaborate please?

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 10:37 pm
gold21 wrote:
OK. Fine. Mostly practiced by Muslims, but not across the board- it's specific to certain countries. True.

It’s a cultural practice of some Muslims. Like eating lox is a cultural practice of some Jews.

(Relevance is, it’s not religious).

gold21

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 10:44 pm
It’s a cultural practice of some Muslims. Like eating lox is a cultural practice of some Jews.

(Relevance is, it’s not religious).

OK. Religious for some, though cultural for many. Fine.

And now you'll say that vaccinations are religious?

Let's compare & contrast how FGM relates to religion, and vaccinations relate to religion.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 10:44 pm
gold21 wrote:
How's that? Can you elaborate please?

There are Bills on the table to allow vaccines for STDs to be able to be administered without parental consent of the child consents.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 10:46 pm
gold21 wrote:

Let's compare & contrast how FGM relates to religion, and vaccinations relate to religion.

FGM is not govt regulated. Vaccinations are govt regulated.

gold21

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 10:47 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
There are Bills on the table to allow vaccines for STDs to be able to be administered without parental consent of the child consents.

So a 14 year old should not be allowed to choose to vaccinate? Why not?

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 10:48 pm

If a 14 year olds are having sx they have the right to get STD vaccinations. Why is this troublesome?

gold21

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 10:48 pm
FGM is not govt regulated. Vaccinations are govt regulated.

FGM is illegal in most states

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 10:50 pm
gold21 wrote:

Vaccinations aren’t religious.

FGM is cultural.

A Bris is religious.
Page 5 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics