Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Such a hard morning

Jewishmom8

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 3:30 am
It took an hour to get my son to go to school. He is 11
He did not like the undershirt that was available.
It wasnt the kind he likes and he refused to go.
He is just so so STUBBORN. He is the most stubborn person I have ever met. I am sure this was part of his pandas flaring up but I hate when he is like this.
nothing works with him and he does not care about consequences when he gets into this zone.
after trying calm for ages I just had to force him out of the house.
I have been crying for an hour.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 4:30 am
you have my full sympathy. my 2 of my boys have add and the same scenario could've easily taken place in my house.

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 5:12 am
I thought my 11 yo is the most stubborn kid on earth. This scenario you described is my son! Happens often here, together with my 9 yo DS. They feed off of each other, I feel like a failure and don't know how to help the situation.
I know the feeling... hugs!!! Teary Eyed

Jewishmom8

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 5:15 am
you both made me feel better
thank you.
we are not failures amother oak.
waking up and doing the best we can every day makes us the opposite.

GramaNewYork

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 5:33 am
I was amazed when I saw this post because I just came home from a workshop, and about half the women there (not the old ones like me) told such a similar story. This was not a parenting workshop, yet that was the thing that was foremost on their minds. I admire all of you mothers of young children. I raised two kids and I feel like it was a miracle the three of us are still functioning. (It was totally worth it for the grandchildren by the way Wink

I wish you hatzlacha and also want to let you know that the book on which the workshop is based has a FREE Kindle version on amazon if you are interested. It's easy reading and it might help with perspective. It's called Hold That Thought by Chana Mason. She used her technique on some of the mothers at the workshop. They were visibly calmer and I got the impression they will try to implement the ideas next time their kid won't get out of bed.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 5:46 am
Hugs, that is really hard. I find that when pandas flares up the triggers for meltdowns are completely irrationally and there is noone home to reason with. It is very challenging. Intry to remind myself that it is not me and not my child doing it on purpose. It is the disease talking, it has taken.ovwr my child and behavior. I need to sit tight, doy best to stay calm and pray that the antibiotics work quickly again.
Good luck,
A fellow mother in the trenches
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)