Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Frum life in Ramat Gan?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 12:27 pm
What is frum life like I'm Ramat Gan? Specifically the bursa area? We have a family apartment there but haven't been in years. Anything going there?

rivkam

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 1:01 pm
The frum life there is pretty non existent. I mean you have kosher restaurants and shuls around so it's okay for a vacation but it's not got a real frum community. The frum people are older and traditional generally. It's a pretty expensive area though so that apartment was a good investment!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 1:52 pm
I was afraid of that. Let's say we needed to make it a landing place for ourselves while we find a place to settle. What would the closest shul? School? Think corner of jabotinsky and arlozorov.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 1:57 pm
rivkam wrote:
The frum life there is pretty non existent. I mean you have kosher restaurants and shuls around so it's okay for a vacation but it's not got a real frum community. The frum people are older and traditional generally. It's a pretty expensive area though so that apartment was a good investment!

This apartment is so old my mil remembers when they were selling watermelons on the streer and only donkeys drove on jabotinsky. lol

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 2:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I was afraid of that. Let's say we needed to make it a landing place for ourselves while we find a place to settle. What would the closest shul? School? Think corner of jabotinsky and arlozorov.

I dont know exactly where the apt is but I think it's close enough to bnei brak if you need kosher food and minyanim . Bottom line , if you need to hang out there for a little while until you figure out where you want to settle you should stay there. It's israel and it's not like the apt is in the middle of a non frum area in tel Aviv. Jabotinsky and arlozorov if I'm not mistaken is pretty close to bnei brak . You should be totally fine .

(I have family members that live right off jabotinsky but I dont rem exactly where but they are israeli mizrahi. Some of their neighbors are frum some not. But we stay by them and they live walking distance to bnei brak and it's actually an excellent location in my opinion . Not for long term but short term or vacation it's perfect )

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 3:31 pm
You can probably sell it eventually and buy in a better neighborhood for you.

rivkam

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 8:34 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I don't know the area well enough but I think you'd be fine living there for a while. It's just not where you would want to bring up a young religious family.

In terms of shuls, I think on the website kippah you could find a list of shuls in Ramat Gan. They also have a list of mikvahs. I would assume you would have a shul walking distance from you.

For schools, I don't think you have anything in the area but you definitely have alot of options nearby in Bnei Brak/Petach Tikvah/Givat Shmuel which really isn't far away. The older kids can take buses/hasaot and you could drive the younger kids or they can take hasaot.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions