Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
WORKING on a pesach program

rachel0615

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 10:13 am
My husband and I are going to be running a camp at a pesach hotel. Anyone done this before? Looking to hear from people about what their experience was like, activities that were a real hit and anything else that would be helpful! Also looking to hear what average compensation is. Thank you! Feel free to PM me!

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 10:19 am
rachel0615 wrote:
My husband and I are going to be running a camp at a pesach hotel. Anyone done this before? Looking to hear from people about what their experience was like, activities that were a real hit and anything else that would be helpful! Also looking to hear what average compensation is. Thank you! Feel free to PM me!

Oh wow which hotel I would love to go away. Do they need other staff

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 10:23 am
I have gone away multiple times to pesach hotels not working. It is sad to say but no matter how hard you try not everyone will be satisfied. You will receive negative comments but listen to those to see how you can improve. The counselors need breaks in order to be constantly active. The counselors are the ones you really need so be nice to them.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 10:29 am
rachel0615 wrote:

My mom ran a Pesach program's day camp many years ago. It was a lot of hard work! She didn't relax but needed to take us away for YT and this is how she was able to.
Make sure to have the program buy enough dolls, carriages, and games that can be used on YT. Very important.
If you're taking them on chol hamoed trips, make sure to divide up a system to keep everybody safe. This was the most anxiety provoking part for my mother and she only started breathing again when every family had their children back.
There was also a children's performance for the parents that she was expected to run.
Good luck and make sure to have lots of fun!

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 11:03 am
My 2 cents - overplan.

I was once a counselor for a weekend, with a group of rambunctious 9-year-old boys. They were great fun, but went through activities faster than the HC had expected, and I had to come up with new ideas on the spot. (I don't think I did too poorly, but another counselor might have lost the group at that point.)

Your main goal is keeping the kids happy and excited enough to be there and not go back to nudge their parents.

Make sure there are elements of surprise so the bad attitude kids can't infect everyone with "magic shows are boring let's go home" feelings. Also have lots of small prizes to keep kids motivated to stay and participate.

Older girls will want cool art projects on Chol Hamoed. Boys will want active stuff and mad science (hard on Pesach, but doable). On Yom Tov, depending on your group, preparing a choir/play for the parents can be a very good use of time and very satisfying.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 11:06 am
I did this and got very cheap tips
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics