Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
How can I resolve this

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 8:18 am
I had a very stressful day kids not listening to me, I feel I have to keep repeating myself rules in the house and my children keep going against the rules like they dont keep up with it. Yesterday I got very annoyed . After so many reminders and after so many times talking to my kids that after they eat (its on a spot I dont like food over there unless they clean away , take out leftovers ) I keep finding dirt or bags or cups ect. Messing around . Its just very annoying to me .
So anyways was also after my kids drove me nuts and I kept telling them im the mother and they dont have to worry or push me to do something like I will take care .... they were very annoying to me with the way they behaved so till I couldnt handel their behavior, so I lost myself and it came out of my mouth a bad comment on my kids. I always watch or try to be extra careful not to call out names or label them. I just lost it .
What do I do now? Should I ask forgiveness? Let it go , or explain myself to them that I really didt mean it , u just giving me a hard time ... talking about a teen in this with my younger kids . I felt so bad the entire night that it came out of ny mouth. My kids are sensitive kids and im sure it had some effect. How can it be resolved ??

mary6

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 8:22 am
You should just say your sorry and explain it was a mistake... depending on age of how much you say eg I’m tired, I need more help from the kids (I’m pregnant and I tell my 9 year old she needs to be more helpful around the house) ect. But showing them you can apologize is a great lesson.

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 8:30 am
Tell them you didn't mean it, and tell them you love them in addition to your I'm sorry.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)