Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
No pictures please !
Previous  1  2  3

tf

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 7:48 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
What can happen when people don't respect each others privacy ?
What kind of society exists if privacy and boundaries are not respected?
Privacy has always been an important cornerstone of Jewish Life, Ma Tovu Ohelech, this was praise on BY that the entrances to the tents faced away from one another to afford privacy.

We have a concept of Matan B'seser, doing things anonymously. We have a concept of privacy at the mikva. Imagine finding yourself on someones Instagram feed leaving the mikva? Or the inside of a shiva home? With the erosion of respect and boundaries its only a matter of time. Why should that be respected if people are posting everything else?

Honoring a persons privacy and boundaries is showing them respect. When you live in a society where no one respects one another and disregards their boundaries nothing good can come of it.

Well said. True

Librarian

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 10:01 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
As far as I imderstand pictures on the sidewalk or street even of kids are OK to publish

Bill Cuningham of the New York Times was celebrated for this since the 1960s! I loved his photos every Sunday Smile

Ruchel

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 12:06 pm
I've had people get angry that my MOTHER took pictures and I posted them. The street is ok

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 3:58 pm
I took my son to a photographer for upsherin pictures and a few days later my sil called me that my pictures are adorable: she saw them on instagram! I was very upset. I dont post pictures of my children online and also these pictures are mine! I wanted to frame them and present them to my inlaws but they all saw them already. I felt silly complaining to the photographer but I never did give permission

singleagain

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 4:10 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
I took my son to a photographer for upsherin pictures and a few days later my sil called me that my pictures are adorable: she saw them on instagram! I was very upset. I dont post pictures of my children online and also these pictures are mine! I wanted to frame them and present them to my inlaws but they all saw them already. I felt silly complaining to the photographer but I never did give permission

If you really never did give permission, you have every right to complain. But if you signed anything.. Any sort of contract. You need to check bc there might have been fine print that gave them the right to post pictures.

Esheschayil18

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 4:18 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
What can happen when people don't respect each others privacy ?
What kind of society exists if privacy and boundaries are not respected?
Privacy has always been an important cornerstone of Jewish Life, Ma Tovu Ohelech, this was praise on BY that the entrances to the tents faced away from one another to afford privacy.

We have a concept of Matan B'seser, doing things anonymously. We have a concept of privacy at the mikva. Imagine finding yourself on someones Instagram feed leaving the mikva? Or the inside of a shiva home? With the erosion of respect and boundaries its only a matter of time. Why should that be respected if people are posting everything else?

Honoring a persons privacy and boundaries is showing them respect. When you live in a society where no one respects one another and disregards their boundaries nothing good can come of it.

Agree 100%

asmileaday

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 4:37 pm
singleagain wrote:
If you really never did give permission, you have every right to complain. But if you signed anything.. Any sort of contract. You need to check bc there might have been fine print that gave them the right to post pictures.

Afaik the picture belongs to the photographer not the subject.
Is it ethical to post without permission? No. Is it legally wrong? I don't think so.

cnc

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 4:40 pm
asmileaday wrote:
Afaik the picture belongs to the photographer not the subject.
Is it ethical to post without permission? No. Is it legally wrong? I don't think so.

I'm pretty sure it is, unless it was taken on the street or in a public setting.

asmileaday

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 4:40 pm
My sister once took professional pictures of her kids. She doesn't have Instagram and would never know that her kids were posted.
But I know my sister well and it would bother her terribly, so I told her that I saw it on the photographer's page.
She respectfully asked the photographer to take it down which she did.
Amother blush you don't need to complain you just ask them nicely.

Last edited by asmileaday on Tue, Dec 17 2019, 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

asmileaday

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 4:43 pm
cnc wrote:
I'm pretty sure it is, unless it was taken on the street or in a public setting.

https://www.avvo.com/legal-ans......html

Apparently it's not that simple. This is just a blog but the answers are from lawyers.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics