Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Did Anyone Else Binge On Season Three of Mrs. Meisel?

Amarante

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 9:29 am
I just finished Season 3 of Mrs. Meisel and what a cliff hanger OY - Just like a telenovela like Latin Lover Narrator would say in Jane The Virgin (which I highly recommend if you haven't seen it Very Happy)

Zehava

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 9:31 am
☝️

trixx

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 9:34 am
I'm a little bored by this season, having trouble binging it not gonna lie. I think I'm up to like ep 5 or something. Not enough laughs but also not interesting enough new characters

momX4

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 9:39 am
trixx wrote:
I'm a little bored by this season, having trouble binging it not gonna lie. I think I'm up to like ep 5 or something. Not enough laughs but also not interesting enough new characters

I skipped all the singing. I found it to long, it was in almost every episode and the singing was really boring.

SuperWify

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 9:41 am
OMG- me!

Amarante

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 9:44 am
momX4 wrote:
I skipped all the singing. I found it to long, it was in almost every episode and the singing was really boring.

I liked the singing just the way I like the costumes and sets because they are all part of the retro charm of the era. I could be happy just focusing on the clothing. And I love how well the sets are used to reflect the actual culture and status of the era. My Bubbe had the Stangl china that the in-laws have in their new home in Forest Hills. Very Happy

But I actually like Big Band crooners like Sinatra although Shy was to some extent inspired by Johnny Mathis rather than Sinatra - both musically and in terms of the back story.

Amarante

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 5:01 pm
The care and feeding of Mrs. Meisel’s wig 😂

First things first: That wavy hair is a wig. Nevertheless, Spiteri styles it the same way she would real hair. Before the wig is applied, she curls the hair with rollers, just like many women of the 1950s did. Spiteri starts by wetting "Midge," as she's lovingly named the wig, and evenly applies what she says are two must-have products for shine and bounce: Lotta Body Setting Lotion and Vo5 Conditioning Hairdressing Cream. After wrapping small sections of hair toward the face into sponge rollers no larger than an inch, "she gets set under the dryer, then I give her a nice little comb out, and she's good to go." Spiteri always combs out the waves with the Mason Pearson hairbrush, which has a mix of nylon and boar bristles to prevent frizz and flyaways.

Rivka10

Post Mon, Dec 16 2019, 9:06 pm
It's a wig?! No way! Amazing! Can I have one? LOL I definitely binged it and loved it! I though that it was better than last season, actually.

lech lecha08

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 7:22 am
momX4 wrote:

I was bored by the singing too but I think it was an interesting contrast since his songs were a bit repetitive and Midge had to constantly change her routine every night

md951

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 6:58 pm
Loved it!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics