Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
What gifts can I give for a 2nd wedding ?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 9:41 pm
they have everything
I want to order it from bed bath and beyond
if you can provide links that will be helpful
I like glass/ bowls for salad is all I can think of thanks

trixx

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 9:54 pm
Are they coffee drinkers? Nice coffee mugs with their new initial. Or rlly anything personalized with their initial like a pitcher. Ofc anything with a gift receipt.

watergirl

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 9:58 pm
Give any regular wedding gift. Or ask what they need. People make too many assumptions for remarriages and its often wrong. Just ask me - dh and I got literally 5 gifts because people assumed we had everything. No one at our wedding was at either of our first weddings (other than parents). We both had almost nothing because our exs kept most things... and this is more common than you would think! Or people would like to start fresh with new linens, flatware, plates, etc that had no connection to a past.

imasinger

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 10:13 pm
Some of our favorite wedding gifts when I remarried:

- a havdala set
- a decorative blanket embroidered with the Hebrew names of our blended family, and room to add more
- a new challah board and knife
- a gift certificate for cleaning help

nicole81

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 10:27 pm
Money is always nice! But how about monogrammed towels or something else with personalization for the new couple/new last name. For my second marriage, one friend gave us a challah board. Of course we had from the first marriage, but it was lovely to start fresh with our own shabbat table. Something else I really appreciated was a really nice towel for netilat yadaim.

Bowls, servingware and the like are usually appreciated, but if they really have everything then something that would be appreciated (by me, at least!) is an item that's more personal or something special for shabbat since anything that I previously had is part of significant memories with the ex.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 11:14 pm
Challah cover with their name embroidered on it

nicole81

Post Wed, Dec 18 2019, 12:36 am
watergirl wrote:
Give any regular wedding gift. Or ask what they need. People make too many assumptions for remarriages and its often wrong. Just ask me - dh and I got literally 5 gifts because people assumed we had everything. No one at our wedding was at either of our first weddings (other than parents). We both had almost nothing because our exs kept most things... and this is more common than you would think! Or people would like to start fresh with new linens, flatware, plates, etc that had no connection to a past.

And I definitely agree to ask and not assume. I actually had a shower with a registry for my second wedding, even though I was living in the house I had with my ex. There were so many things that I never had and wanted. One of the gifts I loved was a simplehuman garbage can!! LOL

If, after asking, they still have everything, then I say to go the more personal/sentimental route that I posted about.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Dec 18 2019, 2:21 am
I hate when people make assumptions about second marriages. In my case it was my first wedding and DH's second. No one at our wedding had been at DH's first wedding except his parents and siblings.
Of course I wanted to start my life with things he had not used in his first marriage. I was fine with the random generic glass bowls he had and returned all gifts that were in that category.

Some of my friends were astute and we got a new challah board, challah knife, tray for my candles, monogrammed towels.

OP, if you don't want to get personal, just give them a gift card. You never know what they need, as someone said above, she needed a new garbage can.

Teomima

Post Wed, Dec 18 2019, 2:40 am
Beautiful artwork for the home. That's my go to gift, no matter which wedding. You can never have enough. My favorite is framed papercut designs such as birkat habayit, Esther chayal, etc.

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Dec 18 2019, 5:07 am
If you know that they have all the housewares they need, give them a gift certificate to a fancy restaurant (complete with an IOU for babysitting if there are children involved).

dankbar

Post Wed, Dec 18 2019, 5:15 am
The same as a first

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Dec 18 2019, 5:19 am
I think I got more gifts for my second wedding than my first one .
My friend bought a food processor. Never had this at my first one (always grated for kugel by hand)
Got sets of linen , towels , one friend bought a set of pots . We enjoy every one of them .
We got 2 sets of cutlery so put 1 away for pessach
Also cash and gift vouchers
Everything was so much appreciated
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics