Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
How can I transfer music from ipod to computer?

pause

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 10:24 pm
I'm asking here after googling for over an hour! I'm having difficulty following any of the instructions I see online.

tothepoint

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 10:34 pm
BTDT! Whew, that was a days work. Gotta refresh my memory here to recall how I did it...

-Go to folder, select this PC
-Select your ipod
-Not sure what files you have there, but under 'music' or 'ipod controls' you need to right click and select 'properties' there should be an option to 'show hidden folder in files' . Once you tick on that option, you will see folders under music named 'F01,F02, F03 etc

Hope it helps!

pause

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 10:40 pm
tothepoint wrote:
BTDT! Whew, that was a days work. Gotta refresh my memory here to recall how I did it...

-Go to folder, select this PC
-Select your ipod
-Not sure what files you have there, but under 'music' or 'ipod controls' you need to right click and select 'properties' there should be an option to 'show hidden folder in files' . Once you tick on that option, you will see folders under music named 'F01,F02, F03 etc

Hope it helps!

After I select my ipod, I don't see anything there at all, no options for "music" or "ipod controls". Can you tell me more specifically where I would find these options?

pause

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 10:42 pm
On itunes I can see everything that's there, but I don't know how to copy it from there onto the computer.

tothepoint

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 10:49 pm
pause wrote:
On itunes I can see everything that's there, but I don't know how to copy it from there onto the computer.

Right, iTunes won't let you copy. You have to go the your computer folder and select your ipod. You can only do it from there

tothepoint

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 10:52 pm
pause wrote:
After I select my ipod, I don't see anything there at all, no options for "music" or "ipod controls". Can you tell me more specifically where I would find these options?

It's hard for me to explain because from my end my folders are 'unhidden'
once you've clicked on your ipod folder, try to select 'properties' from the menu on top under tools I assume

Amarante

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 10:58 pm
As far as I know, you can’t copy music from iPods to your computer.

As part of the licensing agreements with record companies, iPod software is deliberately designed not to be able to do the transfer. It was viewed as a way to prevent music piracy. There might be hacks but it’s not generally done.

At this point music streaming services have really changed the whole music business so there isn’t the same issues of piracy but that’s different.

If you have purchased music in iTunes, you can download to your computer of course and have the time be available on all your devices.

There might be hacks to bypass the licensing and regular iOS but it’s not part of the iOS as an iPod is not a storage device like an external drive And doesn’t show up as transferable like a hard drive does.

pause

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 11:35 pm
pause wrote:

Ok, it's 3/4 hour later and I found "show hidden files" on my computer control panel. Then all the files on the ipod became visible and I copied them onto my PC. Waiting for that to be done to see if they can be used as music or some encrypted worthless something or other.

pause

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 11:57 pm
Done. Everything's copied over. Thank you!

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Dec 18 2019, 9:57 am
Otherwise, usually when you connect the ipod to itunes-itunes can add those songs to its library-which are then stored in your regular documents folder within a folder within 'my music' -it's usually called something like 'itunes music' or 'music automatically added to itunes'
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics