Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Yes you CAN freeze potato kugel!!!

rgh

Post Wed, Dec 18 2019, 3:22 pm
Hi all, just wanted to share something that has made my shabbos prep SO much easier!
It's just me and DH (and baby who doesn't really eat much) and I used to drreeeaaad taking out the food processor every Thursday night....
I decided to try freezing it even though everyone says it's gross and it really works!!
I make a large batch (10lbs) and fully bake the kugels as usual (in small loaf pans that yeild literally two pieces.)
Wrap them up tightly when coooled and freeze.
Friday afternoon, take out a pan, put it directly into hot oven and bake on low till shabbos. I promise nobody will know!
I will he honest- it doesn't taste like steaming fresh kugel that was made Friday afternoon; it tastes like kugel that was made Thursday night and refrigerated until shabbos, which is what I would be doing anyways because I work on Fridays.

There will always be those naysayers who say potato kugel MUST be fresh, but I'm just sharing what worked for me. Wink

tweety1

Post Wed, Dec 18 2019, 3:37 pm
I always freeze potato kugel.

copy

Post Wed, Dec 18 2019, 4:27 pm
I always freeze pot kugel take it out from freezer for a few hours I pour water and oil in the kugel cover with silver paper put in other self pour in water in a 9x13 pan bake at 200 for at least 4 hours it tastes like fresh kugel

smilethere1

Post Wed, Dec 18 2019, 4:28 pm
I also always freeze. I actually add a drop of water into the pan when rewarming And put it in the oven for a while.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Dec 18 2019, 4:30 pm
I’ve been freezing the potato kugel for a few years. The best thing I’ve discovered. And many times people tell me it tastes even better than fresh.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus