Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gift for new sil, dont know her well yet!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 9:12 pm
I'm quite close to my brother, and we're close in age, but I don't know my future sil well at all yet. I'd like to get her something for chanuka. What are some generic suggestions that are also warm, sweet, and welcoming?

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 9:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm quite close to my brother, and we're close in age, but I don't know my future sil well at all yet. I'd like to get her something for chanuka. What are some generic suggestions that are also warm, sweet, and welcoming?

My sister in law bought me a cookbook I thought that was very sweet.

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 9:17 pm
Who doesn't appreciate a gift? Anything you give is super generous! A nice body lotion, a perfume, a Jewelry bag, a pair of gloves... Anything given with your whole heart is soo generous!

tweety1

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 9:23 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Who doesn't appreciate a gift? Anything you give is super generous! A nice body lotion, a perfume, a Jewelry bag, a pair of gloves... Anything given with your whole heart is soo generous!

It's a hard one. Cuz if somebody other my dh would get me body lotion I'd look at them like they're queer, gloves? I'd find that odd. But I see if you're giving it as an idea you would appreciate it. I'm more the type to give a jewelry bag or cookbook. I'd also maybe ask my brother is there something that was mentioned that she's dreaming of but wouldn't splurge on-this I've done numerous times.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 9:30 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
My sister in law bought me a cookbook I thought that was very sweet.

I like this! Maybe table for two, as it's designed for small meals.

Please keep the ideas coming!

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 9:33 pm
perfume in the shape of a high heel is populaur I forgot the name of it

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 9:44 pm
tweety1 wrote:
It's a hard one. Cuz if somebody other my dh would get me body lotion I'd look at them like they're queer, gloves? I'd find that odd. But I see if you're giving it as an idea you would appreciate it. I'm more the type to give a jewelry bag or cookbook. I'd also maybe ask my brother is there something that was mentioned that she's dreaming of but wouldn't splurge on-this I've done numerous times.

I agree. But when her soon to be sister in law bought my friends daughter a cookbook, she came to her mother and asked if they expected her to cook such dishes. So I was thinking, a gift more for a girl, that doesn't imply expectations. That's where I was coming from. You could be right... I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder...Maybe a gift certificate?

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 9:44 pm
Anything for her new apartment. A pretty napkin holder, havdala set, centerpiece for kitchen table, speaker doc (stereo) which would be a gift for ur bro too

trixx

Post Tue, Dec 17 2019, 9:52 pm
Anything with a gift receipt so she can return if without being afraid to offend you!!
Something nice for the apt like vase, picture frames? Anthropologie has rlly nice home stuff.

zaq

Post Wed, Dec 18 2019, 6:21 am
Ask your bro. He’s married to her, after all.

just me!!

Post Wed, Dec 18 2019, 6:12 pm
fancy toiletry bag...

Water Chestnut

Post Wed, Dec 18 2019, 7:35 pm
Cookbooks are good if they are just starting out. Simple ones, if your not sure her "style" yet.
A comfy oversized throw for the couch.
Gift card for a Mani/pedi.
Personalized mug/something that says "Aunt_______"
Fuzzy socks

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Dec 18 2019, 9:44 pm
If you live in Brooklyn try the yellow door. They have cool things, all price ranges. I think it’s a really nice gesture on your part.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics