Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Freezer is leaking!

twolilgirlies

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 8:13 pm
My big freezer has recently been making tons of noise when the motor turns on and leaked one a few weeks ago. since then its been making noises but I've been ignoring it. its only 2+ years old. just now I see that there's water everywhere coming from the freezer! help! is it even worth it to spend money and call an apliance guy to fix? anyone know what the issue could be? if I need to I'd like to buy a new one now while I'll sale but I really can't afford it!

anyone?

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 9:08 pm
It could be dirty. Food particles or other junk could be clogging up the drain line which leads to leaking.

shanie5

Post Fri, Nov 29 2019, 1:07 am
A loose fan could be making the noise. It definitely pays to have a repairman check it out before buying a new one.
A loose pipe could cause the leakage too.

Esheschayil18

Post Thu, Dec 19 2019, 5:13 pm
The drainer can be frozen with a piece of ice blocking drainage. Happens sometimes if you leave the door open too long.

b.chadash

Post Thu, Dec 19 2019, 6:03 pm
I have a freezer that leaks constantly. The problem was that the tray underneath that was supposed to catch the drips was missing, and I think the water is suppose to get recycled somehow. It also leads to a buildup of ice which can block the fan. So when the fan turns, it keeps hitting the ice, causing a racket.
Since my freezer is old, there is no point in investing money in it. But the solution for us is that whenever I start to hear the noises, I just defrost the freezer for a day or two, and it works just fine after that. It usually last about 6 months.
I also stuck a 9 by 13 disposable pan under the freezer to catch the drips.
Not sure if that is your problem. But if your freezer is basically new, I would def call an appliance repair guy to take a look at it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars