Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Edible Menorah Centerpiece
1  2  3  Next

pause

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 8:43 am
This has become a "tradition" in my family - to have an edible, usually dessert-type menorah as the centerpiece for our chanuka party. It sits there throughout the meal to enhance the decor and then at the end of the meal, everyone grabs one. I'll share ideas of what I've done in the past, and I'm looking for more ideas so that we don't have a repeat (ch"v, oy the busha of that Can't Believe It lol)

1) 9 individual mini dessert cups filled till almost the top with pineapple chunks and then topped with pomegranate seeds. The center cup was placed higher than the rest.

2) Cannolis standing up filled with custard and topped with a red jellybean each.

3) Rectangular cookies with their edges dipped into chocolate and then orange sprinkles

4) Marshmallows on a toothpick stuck into a donut and topped with a candy corn

What creative ideas do you have?

Stars

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 8:45 am
8 donuts with a birthday candle stuck in each? You can do a pile of two for the center one

EtA just realized you already did donuts

pause

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 8:48 am
I want to add: The meal is fleishig, so anything dairy is out.

Rutabaga

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 8:52 am
Rice crispy treats

rakcna

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 8:53 am
From my second grade project, shot glasses of yellow jello with a red licorice sticking out

pause

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 8:56 am
Rutabaga wrote:
Rice crispy treats

What is that? Is there a recipe?

pause

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 8:57 am
rakcna wrote:
From my second grade project, shot glasses of yellow jello with a red licorice sticking out

Definitely gives the look, but jello is not a hot item in my family, to say the least. I thought of using vanilla pudding. Does pareve vanilla pudding taste good?

mammale

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 9:56 am
What about cup cakes, with orange, red, and yellow piped frosting? ( If you put all three colors in saran wrap and wrap it up, then put it in a piping bag you can get them all swirled together nicely) for the shammosh cut the top of one cupcake off so it is flat, and you can pile two on top of each other.

Jewishfoodie

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 10:06 am
Sushi! It comes out stunning!!

pause

mammale wrote:
What about cup cakes, with orange, red, and yellow piped frosting? ( If you put all three colors in saran wrap and wrap it up, then put it in a piping bag you can get them all swirled together nicely) for the shammosh cut the top of one cupcake off so it is flat, and you can pile two on top of each other.

Like!

pause

Jewishfoodie wrote:
Sushi! It comes out stunning!!

How?

Jewishfoodie

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 11:13 am
pause wrote:
How?

Make the different rolls and use them to create the menorah. Google Menorah sushi platter. They have stunning ones. Ours wasn't as glamorous but it was a wow piece.

https://www.google.com/search?.....d3TM:

pause

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 1:13 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Make the different rolls and use them to create the menorah. Google Menorah sushi platter. They have stunning ones. Ours wasn't as glamorous but it was a wow piece.

https://www.google.com/search?.....d3TM:

Creative! I would bring something like this to my parents' or in-laws' party to feed a crowd.

I was hoping for something standing up. That's why I had a hard time envisioning a sushi menorah; I couldn't imagine them piled up.

But the bigger issue is that a sushi menorah would not be well-received by my kids. DH and I would love it, but this is a kids-oriented ordeal.

mammale

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 1:16 pm
How about chocolate coins? Build them up like towers

Stars

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 1:17 pm
pause wrote:
Creative! I would bring something like this to my parents' or in-laws' party to feed a crowd.

I was hoping for something standing up. That's why I had a hard time envisioning a sushi menorah; I couldn't imagine them piled up.

But the bigger issue is that a sushi menorah would not be well-received by my kids. DH and I would love it, but this is a kids-oriented ordeal.

Candy sushi? Google for how to. You can pile two pieces for each light and 3 for the center one.

Jewishfoodie

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 1:18 pm
pause wrote:

Yeah.. I don't think you should try to stand up a sushi menorah.. Very Happy

I hear ya.. So, donut holes instead of sushi..

If you want a standing menorah, I'm too uncreative to think of one..

Rutabaga

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 1:19 pm
pause wrote:
What is that? Is there a recipe?

https://www.google.com/search?.....oJbzo

ddmom

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 1:26 pm
If you don't like jello, you can make mousse cups in shot glasses and a taller cup for the shamash!
Mousse cup could be vanilla,lotus or lemon!
Buy red licorice sticks for wicks!

trixx

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 1:29 pm
Clear plastic cups filled with candy with one thick pretzel rod dipped in white chocolate with red food coloring (or just dip in frosting) as a candle in each one

pause

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 1:36 pm
mammale wrote:
How about chocolate coins? Build them up like towers

I spread those out all over the table to add sparkle. This is a good last-minute idea if I don't come up with something else.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics