Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Edible Menorah Centerpiece
Previous  1  2  3  Next

pause

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 1:37 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Yeah.. I don't think you should try to stand up a sushi menorah.. Very Happy

I hear ya.. So, donut holes instead of sushi..

If you want a standing menorah, I'm too uncreative to think of one..

Oooooooooooooooooh! Donut holes are a good one! We love those! They come in black and white, so I'd pile up two white ones and top it with a licorice or something.
Great idea!

pause

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 1:40 pm
ddmom wrote:
If you don't like jello, you can make mousse cups in shot glasses and a taller cup for the shamash!
Mousse cup could be vanilla,lotus or lemon!
Buy red licorice sticks for wicks!

Yeah, that's good! How do I make mousse, other than spray some whipped topping into a cup?

pause

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 1:42 pm
Rutabaga wrote:
https://www.google.com/search?client=ms-android-google&ei=5A_9Xd-zCYXt_Qb_hrLAAQ&q=rice+crispy+treats+menorah&oq=rice+crispy+treats+menorah&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-serp.3...5521.11102..12017...1.0..0.108.721.6j2......0....1.........46i10i275j0j0i10j0i22i30j0i22i10i30j33i160j33i22i29i30.ugM12WoJbzo

Another great idea! We call these peanut chews Wink .

pause

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 1:43 pm
trixx wrote:
Clear plastic cups filled with candy with one thick pretzel rod dipped in white chocolate with red food coloring (or just dip in frosting) as a candle in each one

I like the pretzel part. The candy part - not so much.

dankbar

Post Sat, Dec 21 2019, 7:49 pm
two clear gloves standing up filled with popcorn is menorah. red popcorn for flame.

choco Wafer is base. stick in 8 skewers stacked with fruit loops & candy corn or cherry sours on top.

glass cylinders vases/or bottles filled with candy/or/choco/nuts lined up next to each others/ you can top with edible flowers or candy stuck into a skewer

ddmom

Post Sat, Dec 21 2019, 8:07 pm
pause wrote:
Yeah, that's good! How do I make mousse, other than spray some whipped topping into a cup?

I like to whip up the liquid whip.
Mix with lemon pie filling for lemon mousse cup, lotus cream for lotus mousse, melted chocolate for chocolate mousse.
Depending on how fancy you wsn tg it you can also decorate with crumbs or whip topping.
Kosher.com has a bunch of recipes(from simple to complicated!!)

trixx

Post Sat, Dec 21 2019, 8:12 pm
pause wrote:
I like the pretzel part. The candy part - not so much.

OK how about marshmallows stuck on a skewer with candy corn?
Maybe a smore menorah (like a Graham cracker base with marshmallow on toothpick pasted down with some Fluff) and then extra ingredients on the side, roast over tealights.

Woodstock

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 6:45 am
pause wrote:
This has become a "tradition" in my family - to have an edible, usually dessert-type menorah as the centerpiece for our chanuka party. It sits there throughout the meal to enhance the decor and then at the end of the meal, everyone grabs one. I'll share ideas of what I've done in the past, and I'm looking for more ideas so that we don't have a repeat (ch"v, oy the busha of that Can't Believe It lol)

1) 9 individual mini dessert cups filled till almost the top with pineapple chunks and then topped with pomegranate seeds. The center cup was placed higher than the rest.

2) Cannolis standing up filled with custard and topped with a red jellybean each.

3) Rectangular cookies with their edges dipped into chocolate and then orange sprinkles

4) Marshmallows on a toothpick stuck into a donut and topped with a candy corn

What creative ideas do you have?

Hi love all these ideas can I just ask how do you present the menorah is it on a stand or each 'candle' straight on the table?

pause

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 10:29 pm
Woodstock wrote:
Hi love all these ideas can I just ask how do you present the menorah is it on a stand or each 'candle' straight on the table?

Most of these went straight on the table. I think only the cannolis I placed on a tray because I was afraid of the custard dripping out.

dankbar

Post Mon, Dec 23 2019, 12:37 am
franks n blanks form a menorah flat

groisamomma

Post Mon, Dec 23 2019, 12:48 am
dankbar wrote:
franks n blanks form a menorah flat

What about a club roll (the long baguette) with mini franks n blanks skewered in? Cut the baguette lengthwise to keep it flat and make the candles as high as you want them with a couple of mini franks n blanks. Keep it warm in the oven until guests come.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Dec 23 2019, 1:45 am
We (when I say we I mean my DDIL & her kids) made a menorah made of tall glass vases. Each one was filled with a different color nosh (yeah, not my favorite idea but the presentation was very pretty). Then the paper goods were all colors of the rainbow (I think it was pastels). The whole effect was very impressive. This would be for a large crowd, but I guess you could use smaller vases. (I forget if the shamash was a taller vase or just propped on something.)

pause

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 8:27 am
I'm bumping up this thread for those who are interested.

Last year I baked a cupcake batter inside ice cream cones and topped with orange sprinkles. Lined them up on the table.

The year I started this thread I ended up with vanilla pudding in small cups topped with a red gumdrop.

I still have enough unused ideas here... I'm leaning towards the donut holes, but maybe I'll do the pretzel sticks dipped into chocolate if my kids are home from school that day.

amother
Clover

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 8:57 am
I have seen gingerbread kits at bed bath and beyond

amother
Hyssop

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 8:59 am
trixx wrote:
Clear plastic cups filled with candy with one thick pretzel rod dipped in white chocolate with red food coloring (or just dip in frosting) as a candle in each one

Love this one. Or you can dip pretzels rod in chocolate and red/yellow/orange sprinkles and base each one in a dreidel-shaped brownie

cbg

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 9:03 am
Nine martini glasses filled with different crudete veggies
Center one elevated with dip.

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 10:34 am
mammale wrote:
What about cup cakes, with orange, red, and yellow piped frosting? ( If you put all three colors in saran wrap and wrap it up, then put it in a piping bag you can get them all swirled together nicely) for the shammosh cut the top of one cupcake off so it is flat, and you can pile two on top of each other.

U can use this! Comes out so cute
https://www.amazon.com/Wilton-.....6VW32

Teomima

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 12:47 pm
I've made one from gingerbread before.

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 1:17 pm
Jamie Geller posted a really cool pizza menorah idea on Instagram. Instead of cheese, maybe substitute with sautéed onions and pulled beef...
https://www.instagram.com/tv/C....._link

amother
Caramel

Post Wed, Nov 17 2021, 1:27 pm
We stack mini powdered donuts (think francoz) in 8 piles the shamash we do in chocolate mini donuts put a red lolly on top for the flame
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics