Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
What to do about the snack

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 9:16 am
Dd just turned 9. Is a picky eater food has to be just the right texture and tempature, not too spicy not to bland. Doctor is never cocern her weight is fine. And she does like a variety of food although I go crazy makingvit just the way she likes it. This year her teachers say she sees dd sneaking a tiny bit from her snack in class . They have given her a concenquence but she continues to do so. So they started noticing that she barely eats lunch she'l eats one slice bread, and usualy the fruit at the end of the meal. Her grades might get better if she ate more. Dd said she never liked school lunch. She doesnt want to bring lunch from home, only snacks and we giver her pleanty of those. Though healthy kind. Dd says she will stop sneaking snack in class. But it did happen once since we spoke to her 3 weeks ago? What should I do?

DrMom

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 9:24 am
It sounds like she gets hungry before the the official lunchtime.

If there is no mid-morning snack in her school, can she eat a larger or more protein-packed breakfast I order to stave off hunger until she is allowed to eat?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 9:45 am
Its realy both. She eats a small breakfast. she also eats very small and very often. Its actualy in the afternoon that she keeps getting cought, the class after lunch. But I wouldnt be suprised if she does this in the morning too. Her morning teacher more leinient.
What are good protien breakfast besides eggs. She usualy eats a plate of ceal and milk and sometimes a slice of bread

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 9:58 am
Why doesn't she want to bring lunch from home? She must be hungry. Definitely the case that people don't function well without proper nutrition. It sounds like all she's eating during the day are cereal and milk, a slice of bread, and snacks. That isn't much at all. I would focus on bulking up her breakfast- bagel with egg or cream cheese, smoothie, buttered toast, etc. And send snacks that are mini meals, like pretzels with hummus, tortilla chips with guacamole.

teachkids

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 10:33 am
Can she eat some of her snacks at lunchtime? Or speak to the teacher explaining the whole story and ask for her to give her a set time to eat because she’s genuinely hungry

ra_mom

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 10:34 am
Send filling granola bars, yogurt shake drinks that come in a sealed bottle, homemade protein packed muffins...

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 10:44 am
Sounds like she may be uncomfortable eating in a crowded (possibly noisy) lunchroom. Maybe the school could work something out and have her eat in the nurse's office or someplace similar. Could b anxiety or sensory issues.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics