Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Cooks and caterers -how to make this?

naomi2

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 9:56 am
Ive made green beans many times but I cant get them to come out how some caterers make them. How do I cook them so that they are kind of soft and very green and the skin is kind of peeling off or blistered but not black?

EPL

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 11:07 am
I guess you're talking about using fresh, not frozen , green beans. You boil them for no more than 5 minutes in salted water, drain them, then put them into a prepared pot of ice water. This will keep the green color and will retain the crispness. Afterwards you can drizzle some olive oil on them and breadcrumbs , if you like.

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 11:11 am
EPL wrote:
I guess you're talking about using fresh, not frozen , green beans. You boil them for no more than 5 minutes in salted water, drain them, then put them into a prepared pot of ice water. This will keep the green color and will retain the crispness. Afterwards you can drizzle some olive oil on them and breadcrumbs , if you like.

I would steam them, not boil. I agree with the ice bath send only using fresh
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes