Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Grab bag ideas

Surrendered

Post Sat, Dec 21 2019, 8:18 pm
I got the "job" to come up with an idea of what the extended in-law family can bring as a grab bag. I'm Not asking for prize ideas, but ideas for game? What should the theme be?
It Needs to be for men, woman and bucherim. Of course mens grab bag will go to men and womans to other woman. But what can be the topic of what to bring?
I imagine that in the $5 range makes sense.
I would need to bring a gift for myself to give to another in-law, my DH and for my son to give too another in-law....
What grab bag game can we play?

Surrendered

Post Sat, Dec 21 2019, 9:23 pm
I need ideas. Help...

dankbar

Post Sat, Dec 21 2019, 9:56 pm
You can do anything having to do with other person or initials & everyone needs to guess.

losingweight

Post Sat, Dec 21 2019, 10:07 pm
A $5-10 gift card for either an item or a store that matches the person you got. Or a magnet that matches. A childrens softcover book that the title matches.

dankbar

Post Sat, Dec 21 2019, 10:11 pm
A board game that matches

Surrendered

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 3:52 am
I dont wanna do initials. I also dont wanna tell "what" kind of item everyone needs to buy. Should I give everyone a name of someone they need to give their grab bag to? How would we guess whom its for?

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 4:36 am
We have done in the past a grab bag representing a store. Someone did Starbucks. she put star stickers on a dollar bill. Whoever guessed it got it.

We also once did a grab bag for a quote. For example a deodorant and a light bulb-success is 10 percent inspiration an 90 percent perspiration.

I like both of these because you can spend as much as you want. You can take anything from your house.

Another time we did that everyone had to bring a can. We had to take off the label and put our own label. It had to be decorated or designed in a way that everyone can guess what’s inside.

We also played that everyone brings in a grab bag. Can be anything. You bring a stack of abc’s. You pick up two cards and an object and whoever can come up with something for that object gets it. For example someone brings a coke and you pick up a T and a Q , someone can say “thirst quencher “ and gets it.

Enjoy! Have fun

teachkids

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 4:36 am
Or everyone brings random and people pull out and need to make an improv skit using them

dankbar

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 4:46 am
we did once everyone had to bring an item that they cant live without...whoever guesses to which person it belongs to, got the item.

This was a fun game.
one item in male version and another item used for same purpose in female version. one was wrapped & one open. Whoever guessed its counterpart got both items.

Let's say rainbonnet/plastic for hat
lighter vs matches
hanger/top of chair
tylenol vs doctor
wool tzitzis/ vs kitchen apron/bib
table/vs mouse trap
these are some that I remember it was hysterical.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 7:30 am
Surrendered wrote:
I dont wanna do initials. I also dont wanna tell "what" kind of item everyone needs to buy. Should I give everyone a name of someone they need to give their grab bag to? How would we guess whom its for?

Give each person a name that they have to purchase a gift for. Give instructions for finding a $5 gift that relates to the person. We've done this. Some gifts were a knife sharpener for a chef, a tiara for a 5 year old princess, a mini boxed playmobil accessory for a boy obsessed, a miniature SUV model for the guy who just purchased his first car, an insulated coffee mug for the big coffee drinker etc.
At the party each person stands up one at a time, holds up the gift and says this is for the princess... And everyone starts to guess who that is for.

Surrendered

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 3:43 pm
Hi again, A Freilichen Chanukah!
Some are adorable ideas! Still debating which idea to use. The issue is that we get together basically once a year besides for Purim party. We don't really know each other well. I also don't want people to.make fun of others.
More ideas welcome.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 3:47 pm
Surrendered wrote:
I got the "job" to come up with an idea of what the extended in-law family can bring as a grab bag. I'm Not asking for prize ideas, but ideas for game? What should the theme be?
It Needs to be for men, woman and bucherim. Of course mens grab bag will go to men and womans to other woman. But what can be the topic of what to bring?
I imagine that in the $5 range makes sense.
I would need to bring a gift for myself to give to another in-law, my DH and for my son to give too another in-law....
What grab bag game can we play?

Scratch off lottery tickets

dankbar

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 7:00 pm
you can do items starting with נ ג ה ש. put the items starting with each letter in diff bags or outside label letter. You take turns spinning the dreidel & pick out of bag a corresponding wrapped gift. Everyone can bring 4 small items or any one. It can be something small even from the house

dankbar

Post Sun, Dec 22 2019, 7:10 pm
For kids I find best, if you give each one a name to exchange a gift with, matching their age & gender not just pick a random wrapped gift from bag. You call up the pair & they exchange their gifts in front of everyone.
That way everyone gets some appropiate worthwhile gift. (Instead of 16 yr old Chaya getting a little matchbox car & 10 Nusson getting a doll, and baby getting a craft kit & 5 yr old getting a rattle etc)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics