Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Good dairy donuts
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 24 2019, 7:26 am
I know everyone is making fun of all the gasmiyus of chanuka but......I work hard and I have off tomorrow and I want a good treat.

No tomatoes please. Be nice. TMI TMI

Where in Lakewood do they have good dairy donuts that are worth the $$ and the calories?

imatomsrivermom

Post Tue, Dec 24 2019, 8:02 am
The dairy donuts thT are popular is cookie corner and chocolate shoppe

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Dec 24 2019, 8:06 am
Gingerbread house too

Chayalle

Post Tue, Dec 24 2019, 9:05 am
I had yum dairy donuts last week at Uri's in E"Y....does anyone make something like that in Lakewood? They were sooo good (and not even expensive.)

amother
White

Post Tue, Dec 24 2019, 9:26 am
Choco shoppe is supposed to be heaven but its $14

Amarante

Post Tue, Dec 24 2019, 10:19 am
amother [ White ] wrote:
Choco shoppe is supposed to be heaven but its $14

I understand there are very expensive dessert treats but could you explain what a $14 donut is. It must be more than just a donut because the expensive fancy desserts I have seen and eaten have components and are generally beautifully composed.

It must be more than just a donut but I can’t picture it. The fried dough must just be one component.

Again I am not criticizing but I can’t picture what it is.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Dec 24 2019, 10:22 am
Chayalle wrote:
I had yum dairy donuts last week at Uri's in E"Y....does anyone make something like that in Lakewood? They were sooo good (and not even expensive.)

Good to know, I think we will give this a try tomorrow Smile What flavor did you have?

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Dec 24 2019, 10:22 am
Amarante wrote:
I understand there are very expensive dessert treats but could you explain what a $14 donut is. It must be more than just a donut because the expensive fancy desserts I have seen and eaten have components and are generally beautifully composed.

It must be more than just a donut but I can’t picture it. The fried dough must just be one component.

You get choices of scoops of filling and toppings.
Like buying a whole waffle

sky

Post Tue, Dec 24 2019, 10:24 am
Amarante wrote:

It’s custom made. You pick mousse and toppings and they make it On the spot. So I guess part of the cost is just the time and labor and paying staff. And your paying for an experience.

Here is the article
https://www.thelakewoodscoop.c......html

Cookiegirl

Post Tue, Dec 24 2019, 10:25 am
You can Google The Choco Shoppe...not seeing any $14 donuts...only the "normal" $8 version LOL.

As an aside, it's a sad day when someone has to apologize for wanting an awesome dessert...enjoy every bite, OP!

amother
White

Post Tue, Dec 24 2019, 10:26 am
Amarante wrote:

It looks like this.

octopus

Post Tue, Dec 24 2019, 10:30 am
Oh wow! Enjoy! Happy chanukah! Very Happy

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 24 2019, 10:31 am
Cookiegirl wrote:
You can Google The Choco Shoppe...not seeing any $14 donuts...only the "normal" $8 version LOL.

As an aside, it's a sad day when someone has to apologize for wanting an awesome dessert...enjoy every bite, OP!

Thank you!! I was scared to ask cuz I didn't want any backlash.....

Honestly, I work hard, I finally have off tomorrow without the kids, DH told me to treat myself!

I would buy myself something exciting even if it wasn't Chanukah. No connection.

Cookiegirl

Post Tue, Dec 24 2019, 10:38 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you!! I was scared to ask cuz I didn't want any backlash.....

Honestly, I work hard, I finally have off tomorrow without the kids, DH told me to treat myself!

I would buy myself something exciting even if it wasn't Chanukah. No connection.

They don't call me Cookiegirl for nuthin'... Laugh

My motto is "Life is uncertain...eat dessert first!" (and before anyone thinks that I am a flawed Jew...that mindset has its roots in Telshe mussar- check it out, no joke! 10 points if anyone knows what I am talking about Cool )

PS- your DH rocks!

Amarante

Post Tue, Dec 24 2019, 10:40 am
Thanks for clarification. I was confused because I wouldn’t call these donuts. They are fancy desserts using a donut as the base.

I don’t begrudge anyone a fancy dessert but was curious as to what it was since I didn’t think it could be just a donut however delicious.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 24 2019, 10:42 am
Amarante wrote:
Thanks for clarification. I was confused because I wouldn’t call these donuts. They are fancy desserts using a donut as the base.

I don’t begrudge anyone a fancy dessert but was curious as to what it was since I didn’t think it could be just a donut however delicious.

Agreed.

I will buy one tomorrow and update y'all!

Everyone is invited to share cuz I don't think I can finish all that sweet, rich stuff myself!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 24 2019, 10:44 am
Cookiegirl wrote:
They don't call me Cookiegirl for nuthin'... Laugh

My motto is "Life is uncertain...eat dessert first!" (and before anyone thinks that I am a flawed Jew...that mindset has its roots in Telshe mussar- check it out, no joke! 10 points if anyone knows what I am talking about Cool )

PS- your DH rocks!

yes he certainly does rock! Thanks for reminding me how lucky I am.

No Telshe background here...what are you talking about?

And your screen name and avatar always make me smile. You have guts Smile

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Dec 24 2019, 11:06 am
The ones pictures here are all $8 on the website. So the $14 ones must be even more elaborate Smile

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Dec 24 2019, 11:34 am
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
The ones pictures here are all $8 on the website. So the $14 ones must be even more elaborate Smile

I think $14 is to custom make it.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 11:23 am
Update- bought one of the ready made donuts they're absolutely delicious. Got Belgian chocolate one.
Basically it's a donut sliced in half and they pipe mousse and toppings in between and on top.
Very sweet and very rich so split it with DH.
Not sure if it's worth $8 but hey u try everything once!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries