Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Is this rude?
1  2  Next

rachel0615

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 1:28 pm
We have a non frum lesbian couple on our block. Both women were brought up frum and at least one of them was married to a man at one point. Anyhow I felt like we should invite them for a meal and candle lighting over chanuka- we see them from time to time, we are the only frum ppl on the block, my husband taught their special needs grandson when he was visiting them one summer to expose him to some Torah. They answered that one of them has the flu but the other would love to go. I said I would rather not because of germs and I have a baby so I offered to make them.latkes and drop them off. They said that would be nice. Wonderful! Then they texted me saying they would like a homemade dessert too. So so bizzare. I'm kind of annoyed they would ask that of me. Is it rude? Of course I will be making it for them but I'm feeling kind of blah over this.

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 1:30 pm
Yes of course that's rude!

little neshamala

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 1:34 pm
I laughed out loud. Very rude. Almost as though theyre messing with you.

oneofakind

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 1:35 pm
Bizarre yes.

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 1:37 pm
I'm not a lesbian but can I also have a homemade appetizer and entrée plz? Delivered to my home of course, warm. For 6. Thanks! Happy Chanukah. I feel a bit of arthritis coming on (a qualifier)

Preferably using a dry red wine in the main dish.. And shallots and mushrooms.. A good reduction sauce actually... Thanks again!

😘 You're the best!

Last edited by Jewishfoodie on Wed, Dec 25 2019, 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

DrMom

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 1:38 pm
I wouldn't make it.

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 1:39 pm
That's strange!
Just as a btw, I would not invite a lesbian couple to our home. Especially if you have kids of your own.

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 1:40 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
That's strange!
Just as a btw, I would not invite a lesbian couple to our home. Especially if you have kids of your own.

Good for you. That's your choice.

She made the decision that she would, and was hoping to spread some Ahavas Yisroel around. That was nice of her.

watergirl

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 1:41 pm
Yes its rude. And it would have been just as rude if it were any other type of couple. Not sure what their relationship preference or religious level has to do with anything.

sarahmalka

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 1:41 pm
Soooo weird.

rachel0615

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 1:44 pm
watergirl wrote:
Yes its rude. And it would have been just as rude if it were any other type of couple. Not sure what their relationship preference or religious level has to do with anything.

Good point:-)

In my mind, because of their current situation, I want to make a good impression and spread some love of Torah and mitsvos to them.

Re having them over- we have one baby now bh so she wouldn't pick up anything about their lifestyle..down the road, we will see.

Also they asked my husband to write their grandson a card 🤷‍♀️

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 1:44 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
That's strange!

Neither would I.

PeanutMama

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 1:45 pm
That’s weird and rude

EPL

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 1:45 pm
Do they think you're running a restaurant?

DrMom

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 1:48 pm
rachel0615 wrote:
Also they asked my husband to write their grandson a card 🤷‍♀️

That's weird. Does you DH know their grandson?

cbsp

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 1:48 pm
DrMom wrote:
That's weird. Does you DH know their grandson?

OP said he had learned with him.

animeme

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 1:52 pm
If they said something like, "How about a homemade dessert?", is it possible they are offering to make something for you?

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 1:52 pm
rachel0615 wrote:
We have a non frum lesbian couple on our block. Both women were brought up frum and at least one of them was married to a man at one point. Anyhow I felt like we should invite them for a meal and candle lighting over chanuka- we see them from time to time, we are the only frum ppl on the block, my husband taught their special needs grandson when he was visiting them one summer to expose him to some Torah. They answered that one of them has the flu but the other would love to go. I said I would rather not because of germs and I have a baby so I offered to make them.latkes and drop them off. They said that would be nice. Wonderful! Then they texted me saying they would like a homemade dessert too. So so bizzare. I'm kind of annoyed they would ask that of me. Is it rude? Of course I will be making it for them but I'm feeling kind of blah over this.

This sounds really bizarre. You're not a delivery service or a restaurant. I wonder if they're being sarcastic or pulling your leg. You can say that you have potato latkes to drop off, but you don't have time to make a dessert. Weird.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 2:01 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
That's strange!

Why? Unlike the flu, it’s not contagious, and they’re just as obligated in mitzvot as anyone else.

trixx

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 2:04 pm
oh so sorry I'm in full latke mode and can't even think about cooking anything else! The grocery store down the block sells great cookies though!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics