Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
White guest linen?
Previous  1  2

zaq

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 2:23 pm
Nonononono. Not if you expect to host TH observant married couples. Don’t put them in an uncomfortable position. You could end up with people sleeping on your floor or on your bare mattress. Please, please, colored linens only. As a PP suggested, if you can’t spring for a whole new set, at least get colored bottom sheets.

Not to mention that white shows every smudge and spot. I’d be mortified if one of us drooled or sweated or leaked any sort of fluid onto white linens. For that matter, even colored pjs can stain white linens if the fabric isn’t colorfast or if excess dye hasn’t been washed out of new pjs. ( PSA: always launder new undies and pjs before the first wearing.)

amother
White

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 6:48 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
White is very in. I don’t know why. But it gets pushed to kallah as their expensive hotel style set to buy.

How utterly idiotic.

Last edited by amother on Mon, Jan 20 2020, 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
White

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 6:50 pm
little neshamala wrote:
Wow, im going to be the odd one out. NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! NO NO NO NO NO.

For people like me, who have been known to have staining issues that can pop out of nowhere (gyn says its fine), white sheets are an absolute nightmare. Even if im wearing clothing in between-the stress of the possibility of blood going through and landing on the white sheet-which is totally possible-is absolutely awful. If I was your guest I would be very very upset.
Ive had plenty of times where id stain heavily on colored, and be fine, but if only a dime sized ammount went through to white linen wouldve made me nida.
Sorry OP, nope. Id be very very upset with white linen, and I would probably try to think of any creative way for me not to sleep on it.

(On another note, WHYYYYYYYY are the bathrobes in the monsey mikvah white??? Ive had such a problem because of that....there are only a few colored ones available...its so not cool!!)

Hear, hear.

I have the same problem with my mikvah. I don't get it! I already did my last bedika, why put on extra white?

(I once went to the mikvah while staining heavily - long story, Rav said it was okay - and I was petrified I'd stain on the white.)

little neshamala

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 7:04 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
Hear, hear.

I have the same problem with my mikvah. I don't get it! I already did my last bedika, why put on extra white?

(I once went to the mikvah while staining heavily - long story, Rav said it was okay - and I was petrified I'd stain on the white.)

My mikva has a few colored bathrobes, for plus sized women. Not sure why they cant have them for everyone. Every mikva lady I brought this up with agreed with me. It was the most stressful call to my Rav ever-after finally getting to the mikva with his heterim of colored underwear and bedikas only on days 1 and 7, I was calling him because I found blood on the mikva provided white bathrobe!!!

amother
White

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 7:06 pm
little neshamala wrote:
My mikva has a few colored bathrobes, for plus sized women. Not sure why they cant have them for everyone. Every mikva lady I brought this up with agreed with me. It was the most stressful call to my Rav ever-after finally getting to the mikva with his heterim of colored underwear and bedikas only on days 1 and 7, I was calling him because I found blood on the mikva provided white bathrobe!!!

Well, I suppose you and I could bring our own bathrobes to the mikvah...

little neshamala

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 7:13 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
Well, I suppose you and I could bring our own bathrobes to the mikvah...

Lol! I need a bigger mikvah bag LOL

smileyone

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 11:03 pm
We have white hotel linen in my guest room. When I bought it I switched the white sheets for grey which matches the trim on quilt cover. Want my guests to be comfortable and not worry.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 7:20 am
mikve have only white tp and white robes ime but again it's the day before tevila

zaq

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 7:24 am
Ruchel wrote:
mikve have only white tp and white robes ime but again it's the day before tevila

And how much time is anyone spending in that robe, anyway? It’s not like sleeping in it for eight hours a night and maybe also an afternoon nap.

little neshamala

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 7:38 am
zaq wrote:
And how much time is anyone spending in that robe, anyway? It’s not like sleeping in it for eight hours a night and maybe also an afternoon nap.

Enough time for someoene whos been actively staining that week to have a serious issue.
Like I did.
Think about all the threads here on imamother, with posters crying how difficult it is to get through shiva nekiyim, saying they already have a heter from the Rav to do less bedikas/ wear colored underwear etc etc.
Every one of those women would have a potential issue with wearing the white robe.

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 9:04 am
Funny. I am at my inlaws vacation home and the bed has white linen and my baby leaked on the pristine white linen.
Too bad.
Who uses white linen anyway?

zaq

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 9:39 am
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
Funny. I am at my inlaws vacation home and the bed has white linen and my baby leaked on the pristine white linen.
Too bad.

It goes in and out of fashion, and the look can be bright and fresh as long as the linens are still snowy and crisp. For some folks it’s hotel-like; to others it’s reminiscent of a hospital or nursing home. Its best point, perhaps, is that it can be bleached. And if it’s all cotton, it makes great pressing cloths and cleaning rags once it’s outlived its usefulness as bedding.

Still, you would think that most TH observant women would avoid white bedding.

zaq

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 9:44 am
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
Too bad.

There you have it: your mil can bleach away the baby stains—something she wouldn’t be able to do if her linens were colored. Some folks swear by non-chlorine bleach but I don’t find it to be all that effective.

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 10:22 am
Will never forget when I stayed at my sil oot and leaked all the way thru to her linen (yes thru undie and pj) Tg it was a dark maroon or gray or something, I had to beg her to do my own load when we packed up. And if I had been newlywed then it would have been so much worse!

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 10:30 am
I have a question here, my linen is white with gold detail. I love white and and married for close to 2 decades and never had a staining issue. I use white linen, white towels ect. I just love the look. Is using white linen a halachic issue if not nidda? Are people assuming that linen is on my bed cuz im in nidda? Is there a issue with using white?

Ruchel

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 10:33 am
Of course not an issue
People may or not assume (I wouldn't, it's not my culture)

little neshamala

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 10:46 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
I have a question here, my linen is white with gold detail. I love white and and married for close to 2 decades and never had a staining issue. I use white linen, white towels ect. I just love the look. Is using white linen a halachic issue if not nidda? Are people assuming that linen is on my bed cuz im in nidda? Is there a issue with using white?

Its not halachicly problematic to use the linen when not nida-but if you would ever stain on the white part of the linen, that could halachicly make you nida whereas if you stained on the gold part you have a higher chance of it being fine.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics