Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
What’s the best way to clean a leather couch?

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 9:53 am
What product do I use to clean a leather couch? My toddler constantly smears her face and hands on my leather couch and it constantly gets covered in stains (like yogurt, chewed up cookies etc) . I have been using pledge spray (it says its for leather use also) but that really doesn’t help the real stains. I need something that wipes away all the stains and dirt , not just dust. What should I use?

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 11:00 am
Weinman leather cleaner. There’s a spray and wipes. I like the spray but the wipes can come in handy for quick spills, I use the wipes more for my car

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 3:31 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
Weinman leather cleaner. There’s a spray and wipes. I like the spray but the wipes can come in handy for quick spills, I use the wipes more for my car

Thanks

mom2mysouls

Post Wed, Dec 25 2019, 3:58 pm
I bought this Mr. Leather cleaner in the grocery. It acts like a cleaner and wax for the leather.
You can also use Murphys bc it's oil based. I ruined my old couch by stripping the natural oils and wiping it excessively with Mr. Clean and water.

oneofakind

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 9:07 am
Vinegar and water on a rag. I think baby wipes are also ok.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 9:22 am
I use a little windex with a paper towel. I find that everything else leaves smear streaks.
Whatever you do, make sure the product you’re using is bleach free or you’ll be removing the color of the couch also!

clowny

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 9:42 am
I recently bought a new leather couch and the sales lady told me that to have your couch last long and look nice you should avoid using any detergents. It will eventually ruin the couch. Just wash it with plain water.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics